Breakaway League

Jareth

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I don't believe the government should be getting too involved in this. It's something that primarily the footballing world needs to sort out.

i wouldn't trust the government to open a tin of beans, but right now the footballing world needs all the help it can get

I presume that UEFA have checked their legal case for banning any player to play internationally if this super league occurs. The  IAAF have had a lot of trouble stopping drug cheats from competing at events.

If one of the main aims of this charade is for the 12 clubs to gradually lower wages, then what is it to stop a  billionaire Arab or Indian businessman to set up a rival superleague and offer a 1 million a pound week wages in the future?

The last day of the season will be interesting.

10,000 Villa fans against Chelsea on the last day of football in the UK.

That ought to be 10,000 opportunities to delay kick off, 10,000 opportunities to make a banner, 10,000 opportunities to sit on the pitch, 10,000 opportunities to get in front of a camera, 10,000 opportunities to disrupt, demonstrate and display fans unhappiness at what Chelsea are doing.

Edited by OutByEaster?
  • Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

The last day of the season will be interesting.

10,000 Villa fans against Chelsea on the last day of football in the UK.

That ought to be 10,000 opportunities to delay kick off, 10,000 opportunities to make a banner, 10,000 opportunities to sit on the pitch, 10,000 opportunities to get in front of a camera, 10,000 opportunities to disrupt, demonstrate and display fans unhappiness at what Chelsea are doing.

I'd quite enjoy just a mass booing. For all fans playing against one of the dirty dozen.

It won't achieve anything. but it would be quite an epic display of displeasure. Just constant booing

Shame there are no fans in stadiums now. 

Imagine the reaction of fans as the pooper 6 came out to play being jeered by both sets of fans. The away grounds would be so hostile. 

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I presume that UEFA have checked their legal case for banning any player to play internationally if this super league occurs. The  IAAF have had a lot of trouble stopping drug cheats from competing at events.

If one of the main aims of this charade is for the 12 clubs to gradually lower wages, then what is it to stop a  billionaire Arab or Indian businessman to set up a rival superleague and offer a 1 million a pound week wages in the future?

I think all players registered contracts are with FIFPRO, they might need to resign from that to register in a different tournament

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

On what basis can the government get involved?

Does this break any specific laws?

There is probably something in the competition law if they were allowed to stay in the Premier League. Let football try to sort it out first though.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This shit makes me angrier than the proposal itself.

Don't **** pretend this is for the fans. Don't patronise us. Own it if you're doing it. Don't create some sort of disgusting masquerade that this is what fans want.

**** words removed

Absolutely. The ****ing **** can go **** his own **** with a rusty spoon. How he managed to read that out with a straight face is almost impressive, though. 

• Like 1

I just don't think it's feasible for the PL not to kick them out.

Each club invited are getting an additional £350 million a season. PL clubs just can't compete, and that's with the CURRENT tv deal.

They have to get kicked or the rest of the PL and EFL might as well just start their own league.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think all players registered contracts are with FIFPRO, they might need to resign from that to register in a different tournament

FIFPRO have said that they are completely against the Super League, but also that if anyone tries to stop their players taking part in International football they'll see them in court.

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I presume that UEFA have checked their legal case for banning any player to play internationally if this super league occurs.

Southgate is employed by the FA and can simply not choose players from certain clubs. No ban needed !

1 hour ago, MadridVilla said:

Something to think about. What happens if a club is voted out of the Super League? It's not inconceivable that a permanent member who consistently underperforms (Spurs/Arsenal) would be removed, and replaced with the next big thing from the domestic game, especially seeing as this is all about money. Or maybe Florentino Perez decides he doesn't want Atletico Madrid in the Super League anymore, as he wants to avoid competition from his local rivals? What happens then?

Presumably they will try to come back to the domestic leagues, but what league do they come back into? They aren't likely to be welcomed back into the top division straight away, if at all. I would argue that no league would welcome them back at all. You could be looking at a situation where if a club is removed from the Super League for whatever reason, the club has nothing to compete for, and simply ceases to exist.

I want them to just go and make a massive failure out of it, leaving the way for the rest of football to actually play competitively. If these clubs want to become football's Harlem Globetrotters then they can go

The premier league would bend over and have a 26 team league for one season 

Â