Forwards: Kane, Abraham. Calvert-Lewein

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

GK: Pope, Pickford, Henderson

Defenders: Walker, James, Chillwell, Saka, Maguire, Mings, Kean, Konsa

Defensive midfield: Henderson, Rice, Phillips

Attacking midfield: Sterling, Foden, Grealish, Sancho, Mount, Rashford

Forwards: Kane, Abraham. Calvert-Lewein

That's pretty much what I'd go for. I have a strong feeling Henderson will be injured. Is Saka still considered a defender?

I'd bin off Henderson and have another striker. Of course I'd take Olly for his work-rate but it's probably not going to happen.

3 x GK: Pope, Pickford, Henderson.

9 x Defenders: Walker, Trippier, Chillwell, Saka, Stones, Maguire, Mings, Keane, Coady.

7 x Midfield: Henderson, Rice, Foden, Grealish, Sancho, Mount, Maddison.

4 x Forwards: Kane, Sterling, Rashford, Vardy 🙈 (DC-L)

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

A 23 player group to win the Euros this summer.

How many players in each position do you take, who do you include, who do you leave out and why?

Go.

Don't care.

Is Grey's Anatomy going to be renewed for an 18th season? That's more important.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Keenan is gonna be pissed when he sees this thread

He'll still start his own thread though :)

• Haha 1

England have the best chance in years but Southgate will cost them, sack him give Sherwood the job for a summer and he might let players play which is Englands strength (im not saying hire Sherwood its just how bad Southgate is)

Goalkeeper: Pope, Henderson, Ben Foster(anybody but Pickford)

Defenders: Alexander Arnold, Trippier, Konsa, Mings, Maguire, Stones, Shaw, Chilwell

Midfielders: Grealish, Henderson, Rice, Mount, Maddison, Foden, Saka, Ward-Prowse

Forwards: Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Calvert Lewin

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I'd bin off Henderson and have another striker. Of course I'd take Olly for his work-rate but it's probably not going to happen.

I think Southgate will start two from Henderson, Rice and Phillips in every game - I have a feeling he'll take Winks to give himself an extra option in there and possibly just take two strikers.

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Southgate will start two from Henderson, Rice and Phillips in every game - I have a feeling he'll take Winks to give himself an extra option in there and possibly just take two strikers.

God you're right.

**** Winks.

Decent chance someone on the edge like Grealish misses out for him. He won't blink at taking Alli or Lingard if Grealish dips from his god-like form.

Thinking about it, it would be disastrous if we have a rotten end to the season and Jack misses out. That'll really push him towards the exit door.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Calvert-lewin and Abraham are not really top class international forwards. I'd like to leave one of those out and get Maddison in the squad. 

Yep. Probably leave Abraham out, and Rashford is your number 3, Sterling your number 4.

This is what I’d go for, not what I have think Southgate will do. 

Pope, Pickford, Henderson

Alexander Arnold, Walker

Chilwell, Saka

Konsa, Stones, Mings, Coady, Maguire

Rice, Henderson, Phillips

Maddison, Mount, Grealish, Foden, Sterling, Rashford, Sancho

Kane

Yes it’s only one striker, but you could easily put Sterling or Rashford up there if Kane gets injured/Suspended.

Strting 11

Pope

TAA, Stones, Mings, Chilwell

Henderson, Maddison 

Foden, Grealish, Sterling 

Kane 

Mings is vocal and a leader so whilst not the best gives good balance and bring out the best in Stones who thrives when has some leadership next to him.

Southgate will definitely take though:

Dier, Calvert Lewin

No way he takes all the attacking mids Konsa won’t get a look in either.

for me; 

two different style; give more apdated and flexiable to pick player suitable also I prefer take players who know each other from clubs like Old England did this in 96-2003 ish - that why they are success due know each other and used player with.

Goalkeeper: 
Pope;Pickford;Ramsdale (would pick Henderson over Ramsdale ahead if he is play regular)

Defender; Full Back; i like player who good crossing from deep other is faster running with dangerous threat overlap to byline.
Right:
Cash(Cash or Tripper, Walker); Trent
Left: 
Targett (chewill, Shaw or Targett); Saka

maybe i am bias in this but i have good reason - I pick Cash and Targett as Cash-Konsa-Mings-Targett know each other, work together good. other reason Targett know Grealish in left side important like G.Neville and D.Beckham.
If I am not Villa fans i would pick Tripper and Chewill, yet i understand team-chemisty and used each is more worth that don't know or not used each other.

Defender; Centre half (right-left foot partner to balance in passing around rather awkard passing and space & safety passing)
Konsa+Mings
Coady+Jack O'Connell
Stones or Gomez this is hard pick

(and yes - no Maguire I don't rate Maguire - other reason he is slow defender and perform better if leadership partner with him, even i pick Axel over him and all other too - as  i prefer fast centre half to cover each other and good feet to pass is important to keep ball) 
Coady as centre 3 if required.

Centre Midfield
Phillips; Rice; Mount;Henderson
Attack Midfield:
Foden;Maddison;Lingaad;Grealish
Pace finisher Inside forward/Winger; 1x right foot and 1x left foot 
Sancho vs Sterling and M.Edwards vs J.Bowens, J.Harrison, Barnes

(Be honest i prefer left-foot slots H.Elliots or M.Edwards but both need premiership to challenge and proves he can challenge premiership level full-back) so For me Sterling and Bowen is ideal for me ( Bowen need more games time for west ham and used play with Rice that other reason)

Forward;
Ings and Keane (Stand by - Cevlert-Lewis vs Watkins vs Vardy)

so let play this formation 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 / 3-4-2-1 

4-2-3-1 Overlap with creator centre 1-2-1 with Phillip or CH (4-3-3 / 3-4-2-1)

Trent----Coady-------O'Connell---Saka
---------Henderson----Phillips-----------
Foden-------Maddison------Grealish
---------------------Keane----------------------

4-2-3-1 Fast-Winger with Deep Cross with Rice DM or CH (4-3-3 / 3-4-2-1)

Cash------Konsa-----Mings-----Targett
--------------Rice-------Henderson--------
Bowen(elloitt)-Lingaad----Sterling
-----------------------Keane---------------------

4-2-3-1 fast Counter Attack with Phillip DM or CH (4-3-3 / 3-4-2-1)

Trent----Coady------O'Connell---Saka
------------Phillips---Mount-----------
Bowen(elloitt)-Lingaad----Sterling
--------------------Ings-------------------- (Vardy will ideal this roles)

4-2-3-1 Possession with Phillip DM or CH (4-3-3 / 3-4-2-1) - This my favourite team

Cash------Konsa----Mings----Targett
------------Phillips---Mount-----------
Foden-------Maddison------Grealish
---------------------Kane----------------------
(prefer Ings as he suit player with these type creative if we pass into box as he more fox in box that Keane) 

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Oh Jeez you're probably right about him taking 2 strikers 🤦‍♂️

Remember in '98 when we had Shearer, Sheringham, Owen, Merson, Ferdinand, Scholes & Darren Anderton? We even left Dion & Fowler at home.

Southgate would probably have only taken Shearer and Owen out of that lot.

• Like 1

Â