England Euro 2021 squad

OutByEaster?

Just now, PaulC said:

Form is temporary class is permanent. 

Agree but don't think he's that much better than James to go 5 at the back just to accommodate him

If we go 5 at the back with James or trippier then yeah that's madness 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree but don't think he's that much better than James to go 5 at the back just to accommodate him

If we go 5 at the back with James or trippier then yeah that's madness 

When is the squad picked?

Just now, PaulC said:

When is the squad picked?

End of the season at a guess, will probably get a 30 man squad for the friendlies trimmed down to a 23 man squad for the competition

But UEFA were discussing larger squads for the competition 

Just now, villa4europe said:

End of the season at a guess, will probably get a 30 man squad for the friendlies trimmed down to a 23 man squad for the competition

But UEFA were discussing larger squads for the competition 

Time for a few players to stake their claim, and injuries can change things a lot. 

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

As for TAA its well known at Liverpool that in the future they will move him into midfield, his defensive skill is too poor for him to be a world class defender. 

but he likes the open spaces and balls to run on to. Midfield is a totally different skill. Yes i know its been well documented about his defensive fralities but for a long time last season liverpool had barely conceded a goal. James plays in a 5 at the back and Walker has his pace. Trippier may still not of won a league after tonights result. 😉

7 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Pope/Hendo/Pickers

Maguire/Stones/Tarkowski/Konsa

Trent/James

Chilwell/Shaw

Rice/Mount/Ward-Prowse/Foden

Saka/Sterling/Sancho

Grealish/Rashford

Kane/ Calvert-Lewin /ings 

Until Jack starts playing again I think his place must be in doubt now. 

I think Lingard is a clearing in the woods as much as the next person, but you can't ignore that sort of form. He's been absolutely amazing for West Ham. 6 goals and 3 assists in 8 games. If he continues that sort of form for the rest of the season he can't really be left out.

Jack will be in the squad unless he misses the rest of the season, he also can't be ignored.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think Lingard is a clearing in the woods as much as the next person, but you can't ignore that sort of form. He's been absolutely amazing for West Ham. 6 goals and 3 assists in 8 games. If he continues that sort of form for the rest of the season he can't really be left out.

Jack will be in the squad unless he misses the rest of the season, he also can't be ignored.

Think Lingard have massively benefited from players being tired and him coming in pretty much fully fresh after not playing a lot of games.

I don't really rate Lingard and don't think he would be much of an asset for England.

my issue with lingard is that he's had 27 caps and done pretty much nothing with them, whatever west ham are feeding is evidently working but we all know that he isnt good enough for england based on how he's played for england previously, even his 42 shot performance vs san marino

but thats something that england do time and time again - he was completely ineffective in 2018 with kane and sterling in attack with him (ok alli has gone) part of an attack that struggled to keep hold of the ball...and we'll just throw him in again and hope that things are different...the number of bang average players that get between 30 and 50 caps for england is shocking

grealish, maddison and foden, we have 3 top quality ball hungry attacking midfielders

Grealish, Sterling, Foden, Maddison, Sancho, Barnes would and should all be ahead of Lingard even McNeil, Eze, Smith Rowe and Lookman I would take over him

He is 28 and a small bit of form now wont scare anybody in Europe

Â