England Euro 2021 squad

OutByEaster?

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m not that fussed about Maddison personally. 

Neither is southgate, easy to forget that when we were moaning about Jack not getting a chance neither was he, still only has 1 sub appearance to his name 

I think he's the best number 10 that we have, he's brilliant at short sharp passing in and around the box, quick feet and great movement, pep would make a great "striker" out of him

The problem is that's not how England play, we don't really have a number 10, England could be electric if we went with rice, Mount, grealish, maddison, foden, Kane, we could go wide or central, goals from anywhere 

But Southgate seems happy with the midfield attack from mount as the 8 rather than need a 10

• Like 1

I’d have Grealish, Mount, Foden, Sterling, Sancho and maybe even Lingard (if he keeps the form going) ahead of Maddison personally.

Hes a good player, but possibly won’t be a game changer like those I’d rather take.

Lingard’s way better at 10 than he is on the wing and Maddison is a better 10 for me and can play as an ‘’’8’’’. Maddison is also better at pressing, I’d play him and Mount infront of Henderson or Rice against weaker teams, or at least have him as the attacking replacement for one of the two DMs when we inevitably can’t make a breakthrough.

Lingard in his best position doesn’t offer anything to the England set-up for me, as villaforeurope said.

• Like 1

Lingard to me is how Southgate used to want to play, have Henderson boot it in to the channels and have Lingard chase it down, turn the full back around, either run on to it thanks to his pace or at the very least press the full back in to making a mistake / winning a set piece

We should have moved on from that to playing actual football, good football, we have the players for it 

Didn't watch the wolves game but saw that West ham won with 33% possession so I'm guessing quick counter attack, West ham haven't had the most possession in a game since west brom in mid Jan, the highest possession lingards West ham have had is 45% vs Sheffield utd... England should and almost have to have more than 50% vs Czech Republic, Scotland and even Croatia, for England to get better they need the ball... That is grealish, Mount, maddison and foden not Jesse Lingard 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Not shocked that Real have targeted TAA and he has played himself out of the Euro squad further tonight. League 1 or Bacuna level defending so far

Ok hes not a defender but if they are to turn this tie around hes going to be key

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ok hes not a defender but if they are to turn this tie around hes going to be key

If he is fit I expect he will be dropped for Milner in the 2nd leg

• 2 weeks later...

So:

----------------------------Pope----------------------------

Cash---------Keane---------Mings------Creswell

--------------------Rice-------Phillips--------------------

Sancho------------Maddison------------Grealish

-----------------------Calvert Lewin--------------------

subs Pickford, Justin, Konsa, Targett, Tarkowski, Bellingham, Ward-Prowse, Eze, Albrighton, Zaha, Watkins.

Should still be decent enough to get us out of the group phase.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So:

subs Pickford, Justin, Konsa, Targett, Tarkowski, Bellingham, Ward-Prowse, Eze, Albrighton, Zaha, Watkins.

Even with all the breakaways and everyone wanting to follow their own rules I doubt we can get away with Ivory Coast letting us have Zaha back ;)

Edited by VillaAlex
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So:

Konsa over Keane.

Bellingham over Sancho.

Targett over Creswell

Â