Team shape, tactics and personnel

MaVilla

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

They were at the Liverpool at the same time yes but Ings barely made the pitch! 

Thought not, couldn't remember seeing them but also can't remember what I had for breakfast

• Like 1

A few discussions on this topic on the Villa Spaces that is happening live by the sounds of it. It's being recorded so will be available afterwards But interesting to see a few views.

Imagine a lot will be discussing Coutinho but discussing a bit about how we line up and some different views on how Buendia/Coutinho play together and our shape moving forward. Might be interesting, it's fan made so may also be crap but they were very interesting during the Jack saga at the end of the summer

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1eaKbNBzqRvKX

Top Heavy now ... very top heavy 

These are our options now for the front 3 as it stands . I am not including anyone without premier league minutes 

Coutinho      Watkins       Buendia

Bailey            Ings              Traore

El Goalzi       Archer           Trezuguet

Bidace       

And our options for midfield 

Ramsey      Luiz       McGinn

Sanson    Nakamba  Chukwuemeka 

And our options for defence 

Targett    Mings    Konsa   Cash

Ashley    Hause    

Scarily unbalanced. They have an awful lot of work to do especially as Hause isnt really up to it and Ash is 37 this year .

I think what i am trying to say is that would a DM which almost all of us agree is desperately needed actually be the priority based on what is shown above . 

And the second is how do we strengthen those 2 areas considerably whilst staying within the ffp limits   especially as our manager has said that he isnt interested in buying just to fill the squad gaps.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

These are our options now for the front 3 as it stands . I am not including anyone without premier league minutes 

Bidace       

Ashley    Hause    

Scarily unbalanced. They have an awful lot of work to do especially as Hause isnt really up to it and Ash is 37 this year .

I think what i am trying to say is that would a DM which almost all of us agree is desperately needed actually be the priority based on what is shown above . 

And the second is how do we strengthen those 2 areas considerably whilst staying within the ffp limits   especially as our manager has said that he isnt interested in buying just to fill the squad gaps.

I think the wingers / wide forwards need to be moved on. AEG, Trez and probably Traore (if we sign Coutinho on a perm deal). We badly need a new Left Back, Centre Back and Central Defensive Midfielder. 

Archer, JPB need Loans. Decision on Luiz needs to be made, new contract of cash in. If we sign a CDM, say Bissouma and we are planning on Chukwuemeka to be an 8 then we can let Luiz go for right price.

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Bidace       

Ashley    Hause    

ditto......yes.

But I think it i so obvious, the club cannot be unaware.

• Confused 1

The Bissouma speculation has started me thinking about the huge difference that he and Coutinho would make to our first eleven. Playing around with the team sheet depending on whether we're playing top teams or lesser teams produces some strong options. Adding both top class creativity and physical midfield dominance could transform our points return.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

The Bissouma speculation has started me thinking about the huge difference that he and Coutinho would make to our first eleven. Playing around with the team sheet depending on whether we're playing top teams or lesser teams produces some strong options. Adding both top class creativity and physical midfield dominance could transform our points return.

i think Coutinho, a new quality DM and LB, would make a huge, huge difference to our team.

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

This would be the bomb imo.....

image.png.3b45a04bc5f0368bdcf0e5befeff468d.png

Backup: Young

that means we would really need to offload: El Ghazi, Trezeguet

Now that is looking stronger and balanced.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

This would be the bomb imo.....

image.png.3b45a04bc5f0368bdcf0e5befeff468d.png

Backup: Young

that means we would really need to offload: El Ghazi, Trezeguet

Not sure about the exact players, but think that will basically be what our squad will look like going into next season. Anything less than Top 8 would be very disappointing. 

Edited by nepal_villan

Do you think Gerrard might add in some tactical flexibility? I feel at times where we control midfield a 4 2 3 1 might best suit our attacking players. A switch where say Ramsey comes off for Bailey 

Watkins

Bailey Coutinho Buendia

Luiz McGinn

Digne Mings Konsa Cash

It could be more a 4 3 2 1 but where the central defensive midfielder swaps for say Coutinho or Buendia so they are more forward looking than defensive. 

Â