Diving and Acting

Spoony

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

All sides do it. We saw it from Brighton numerous times last night. Trossard was guilty of a pretty blatant one on the edge of the box against Luiz last night. Going down easily. 

I read west ham pride themselves on NOT doing it. But the game recently, I watched soucek go down very easily when someone won the ball. Amongst one or two others.

It's part and parcel of the game and it's very frustrating. We do it, but no worse than other teams. We just get singled out because 'GreAlISh DiVes', when in reality he does go down easy but who can blame him from protecting himself when he gets kicked to shit every week by all players.

West Ham are the buggest bunch of hypocrites going. Benrahma and noble are always buying fouls. 

The year they had payet, they were the biggest cheats in the league, in order to win free kicks in good positions. 

Oh and they're a bunch of words removed too

• Like 2

I cant believe this topic exists.  the only teams moaning about are the shitty small teams that shouldn't even be in the top division.  West ham, Burnley, wolves, Leeds etc.. who only stay here by kicking players up in the air.  our players go down when clumsy crappy players kick them because they can't handle Jack any other way.  **** em.  Jack gains fouls by protecting the ball and quick feet simple as that and buying into the school yard bully rhetoric against them is pathetic.

Call a spade a spade - trez had 2 awful ones last night, one he got a free kick for the other he didn't get a penalty for

Grealish did what grealish does, he bought contact and sold the foul 2 or 3 times, then had blatant fouls another 2 or 3 times, then had sly digs and kicks that he didn't go for and absolutely nothing was done about another 20+ times and that's the problem, he does go down easy when he wants to but at other times he's getting absolutely battered with nothing given, he gets so many cynical tackles with no attempt at the ball that it's criminal, xhakas tackle on him last week should have been a straight red

So yeah fans of 19 PL clubs moan that he goes down too easy and wins too many free kicks, they're talking shit, he doesn't get enough free kicks 

going down when there is clear contact is different from flat out cheating. we (and pretty much every other team) do the former and i don't mind it. pricks like bamford do the latter and i'd hate it if any of my teams players did it

If refereeing was better, players wouldn't have to exaggerate fouls to get decisions; unfortunately, players exaggerating fouls to get decisions makes it harder for referees.

It's the way the game is - I don't think we're a problem team in fairness, we have players that if you foul them softly they'll go down hard, but we don't have a problem with players that are falling over from the imaginary like say Leeds or Liverpool.

• Like 2

I think there was about 3 times last night we clearly bought a foul. One was maybe Watkins early on, Trezeguet running back, gets a little shove and makes the most of it, then Konsa runs across Welbeck to get tripped.

About 10 times Brighton did it. But every time they didn't get something they're screaming at the ref with incredulity. That's the bit I hate.

Go down easy or dive as much as possible for all I care, doesn't bother me in the slightest. If that's going to give us extra free kicks or an extra opportunity on goal then happy days.

It happens everywhere, I personally don't understand the whole 'embarrassing' thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Trezzy’s last night was just embarrassing. 

He's a drama queen in almost everything he does though. You can see him dieing to show that he's competing for a challenge as if his life depended on it but in reality he is bricking it and trying to avoid it.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

I think we are about as bad as everyone else.  It's why I cringe when there is another debate between sets of fans about who is worse.  To be fair to Jack I think he has done it a bit less this season, for a while I thought he would choose to go down rather than burst past the defenders with his dribbling which hurts them more than giving away a free kick 40 yards out.

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I absolutely refuse to accept the idea Grealish is a diver. I've seen him do that twice in 5 years or so. You can't kick a man senseless, then complain he falls to the ground.

But yea we have others that go down easily, but that's just football now. You think other teams aren't like that? Seen Bamford, Salah, Fernandes, Richarlison, Foden, Sterling, Maddison, Zaha. They are all the same bunch in this regards. But Grealish, nope. No chance. If any of those were kicked as much as Jack is every single match, well I don't think they would last 90 minutes. 

Grealish definitely does fall to the floor when he wants to rather than because he was forced to. I don’t know if you call that diving but he goes looking for fouls. He’s also bloody good at it, wins the most fouls in the league every season and is miles ahead of any other player for winning free kicks this season. 

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Grealish definitely does fall to the floor when he wants to rather than because he was forced to. I don’t know if you call that diving but he goes looking for fouls. He’s also bloody good at it, wins the most fouls in the league every season and is miles ahead of any other player for winning free kicks this season. 

Looking for fouls and diving are two wildly different things mind. It can never be diving if you actually get fouled.

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

Go down easy or dive as much as possible for all I care, doesn't bother me in the slightest. If that's going to give us extra free kicks or an extra opportunity on goal then happy days.

It happens everywhere, I personally don't understand the whole 'embarrassing' thing.

It's "morals" isnt it.

If everyone cheats does it make it ok for us to cheat?

Sure, it will get us closer to victory, but is it ok? How is "play acting" different than, I don't know, bribing a referee to give fouls? Both have similar results.

I'm not sure where I stand on the debate of easy falls, but something just doesn't sit right with me. And I don't care if other teams/fans are happy to do it, I hold my team, a team I choose to support instead of others, to higher standards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Looking for fouls and diving are two wildly different things mind. It can never be diving if you actually get fouled.

Obviously it’s not as clear as you are making out. There is contact that would not be considered a foul if the player doesn’t make a meal of it and a lot of our players including our captain make the most of any contact they happen to feel. 

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's "morals" isnt it.

If everyone cheats does it make it ok for us to cheat?

Sure, it will get us closer to victory, but is it ok? How is "play acting" different than, I don't know, bribing a referee to give fouls? Both have similar results.

I'm not sure where I stand on the debate of easy falls, but something just doesn't sit right with me. And I don't care if other teams/fans are happy to do it, I hold my team, a team I choose to support instead of others, to higher standards.

Feigning injury is where I cross the line with this sort of thing.  Pretending you've been smacked in the face when you've been brushed in the chest by a hand etc.  Only Trez really does it for us, Jack does go looking for free kicks but generally does get hit and get up pretty much straight away.  Overall football is a game of cheats and I wonder how long it will be before the concussion substitutes gets exploited.

27 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Obviously it’s not as clear as you are making out. There is contact that would not be considered a foul if the player doesn’t make a meal of it and a lot of our players including our captain make the most of any contact they happen to feel. 

Disagree. I think personally fouls are completely black and white. Either you are fouled or you are not. Any referee that makes the ruling depending on whether you make a meal of it or not, aren't doing his job.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Â