The Midfield Three

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Anyone know much about this guy?

He was starting ahead of Bissouma in the African Nations Cup. Him and the other midfielder from Hoffenheim are quite good

Issue with Salzburg players is they normally get switched over to Leipzig

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was starting ahead of Bissouma in the African Nations Cup. Him and the other midfielder from Hoffenheim are quite good

Issue with Salzburg players is they normally get switched over to Leipzig

Red Bull don't really care where the money comes from. They will send them to Leipzig, but only if they are good enough, to further increase their value, but if Salzburg get a offer that they like, they will accept it. Haaland, Minamino, Mane, Lainer are a just a few who left directly to non-RB clubs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Wouldn’t mind if Villa signed a player or two from Salzburg/Leipzig. Those clubs seem to have a crazy eye for talent and also teach players to work very hard off the ball. Real pressing machines, which I guess is why so many have ended up at Liverpool lately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Wouldn’t mind if Villa signed a player or two from Salzburg/Leipzig. Those clubs seem to have a crazy eye for talent and also teach players to work very hard off the ball. Real pressing machines, which I guess is why so many have ended up at Liverpool lately.

Sounds like they would suit the way SG wants to play.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Lacks any bite.  Always lose 50-50 balls. Can't string passes together.  Needs a shakeup this summer. 

I think that will be the priority in the summer - one, possibly two (if Luiz goes) starting midfielders. 

Could make all the difference. 

• Like 1

None of them are consistently good enough at the moment. Luis and Ramsey are young enough to get there but SJM is probably at his peak now. None of them are physical enough.
Two starting midfielders of suitable quality would massively improve our performances. Although I would be happy to keep all of our midfielders to be part of the squad I think it’s likely we will sell one or two. I suspect Sanson and Luiz will leave.

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think that will be the priority in the summer - one, possibly two (if Luiz goes) starting midfielders. 

Could make all the difference. 

I agree. There just doesn’t seem to be any coordination with our midfield. Luiz and McGinn are chalk and cheese, they both have good attributes but they simply don’t work together imo. 

Will be a bit controversial this post but this area of the field is our biggest problem and requires some major thinking over the summer.

Nakamba - obviously limited but retain as our back up no6.

Luiz - would like him to sign a new deal and retain to fight for his place as an no8. Will have to be sold though if he doesn’t sign a new deal this summer.

McGinn - would honestly move on for a top price. We need to improve on McGinn if we want to break into the top eight.

Sanson - perhaps there’s a reason why he doesn’t play? Smith and now Gerrard haven’t fancied him. Move on in the summer.

Chukwuemeka - would love him to stay and sign a new deal but perhaps he’ll leave. 

J Ramsey - big future and been a bright spark this season for us.

Iroegbunam - could be the surprise package next season. Looking forward to seeing what he’s about.

I honestly think between three or four of the above could go in the summer. A couple out of choice and a couple because they won’t sign new deals. That means possibly three or four coming in.  

Nakamba - Can be our back up number 6 KEEP

Luiz - Utter shite, lightweight, cant tackle, cant run, no creativity in his bones,  SELL

McGinn - Fails to do the simple things on a PL football pitch like to be able to keep the ball and pull of a simple pass to his teammate. Wont miss his trys of hollywood balls every game. SELL

Sanson - No point keeping him here is he not gonna get a chance. its either now or never. SELL

Chukwuemeka - Need to start him this season to get him ready for the future. KEEP

J Ramsey - Brightest spark of our season. KEEP

Iroegbunam - needs to be starting games soon to get him ready for next season. KEEP

DM- New Number 6, Nakamba, Iroegbunam
CM- New CM, New CM, Ramsey, Chukwuemka

Just now, messi11 said:

the truth hurts

It's not truth.

Luiz can play in tight spaces, his positioning is underrated. And to say he hasn't got a creative bone in his body is laughable. When in a position to, he plays very intelligent through balls and usually weights them to perfection.

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It's not truth.

Luiz can play in tight spaces, his positioning is underrated. And to say he hasn't got a creative bone in his body is laughable. When in a position to, he plays very intelligent through balls and usually weights them to perfection.

I fail to see this, He also very slow on the ball. Slow in general. he would offer nothing for us has a number 8 role. its laughable to even consider him. He just not got it that's all. 

• Haha 1

We needed two central midfielders in the Summer before this season started. We didn’t address it and it’s why we lose a lot of football matches. 

It’s a shame, because I think we have some very good players in other positions. Our midfield is piss poor. 

• Like 1

On 17/02/2022 at 23:22, Tom13 said:

Absolute boss! Better than Bissouma at the number 6 role. Would cost way less and is younger. However if we had a midfield of Ramsey, Camara and Bissouma we’d be horrible to play against. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

McGinn and Luiz aren't good enough to be starting football matches in a team that wants to compete for the top 7. We should focus investment on signing two new players and letting one of them leave. McGinn in particular isn't capable of the level of passing required for the way Gerrard wants to play. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

McGinn and Luiz aren't good enough to be starting football matches in a team that wants to compete for the top 7. We should focus investment on signing two new players and letting one of them leave. McGinn in particular isn't capable of the level of passing required for the way Gerrard wants to play. 

Yep. Two new central midfielders needed in the Summer. We seemed to have spent a lot on every other department since being promoted, now we need to improve this area in particular. 

TWO new central midfielders is important. I’d let Luiz and Sanson leave. 

Â