Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

37 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Does anybody know how Weston McKennie is getting on at Juve? He doesn’t seem to start that often. I think he would be a great signing for us. Him and Sanson either side of Dougie would work well in my view. Much better energy, quality and ball carrying capability in centre mid.

They were happy with him so signed him, that ship sailed last season.

Should do Koopmeiners this summer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They'll have an eye on his progress, potential and then his value in 2026 too

If everything goes to plan he could be the face of that tournament 

I hadn’t thought about that but yes, box office. 

Dear Mr Edens...

On 09/03/2021 at 14:21, sparrow1988 said:

I'm not sure about this mate. There's this guy in France who's meant to be pretty decent Mbappe or something. Keep an eye out for him.

Aston Villa are never signing a player of Mbappe’s standing. What I’m alluding to is that with Jack Grealish, Aston Villa have a player of the type of talent that they could never ordinarily sign. And homegrown players like Grealish really are produced very rarely. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

As long as he stops liking posts of big American dickheads in their gun cave threatening to shoot Antifa then he's welcome. Otherwise he can piss off and stay at the club that welcomes that sort of behaviour.

I find myself dribbling with laughter at someone getting so worked up about a football player “liking” something on a social media platform 🤣 

Imagine having the opportunity to sign a prime Ronaldo, but turning it down because Ronaldo once “liked” something that someone thought unpalatable! **** hilarious stupidity 😂

• Like 1

I miss the days when people with different political/ideogical beliefs could co exist... without anybody being blanket labeled 🙄. People could all have beers, banter, and heavy debate etc, then that was that.

Anyway, if I see ONE more Daily Mail " article " on my social media timelines about Meghan - Harry - Oprah - Queen - Royal gate, I just might Jump out a window.

Can't see Pulisic happening by any stretch, either way.

• Like 2

Don’t want to go off topic so I’ll say how much I’d love it if we signed him but he is linked to Bayern, Liverpool and United so just isn’t going to happen. But then I would have said the same thing about Barkley. 

So who’s post did he like?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t want to go off topic so I’ll say how much I’d love it if we signed him but he is linked to Bayern, Liverpool and United so just isn’t going to happen. But then I would have said the same thing about Barkley. 

So who’s post did he like?

I think it was Carol Vorderman. And some bloke, somewhere, who isn’t very good at maths, is absolutely furious at the facist maths bastard. It just doesn’t add up.

37 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I think it was Carol Vorderman. And some bloke, somewhere, who isn’t very good at maths, is absolutely furious at the facist maths bastard. It just doesn’t add up.

‘I don’t want George Best at Villa, he’s a misogynist!’  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Looking at Pulisic stats they arent really convincing to splash big money on him, the way people are going on that he has been injured and left out all season but he has been involved in 20  games this season and just 2 goals and one assist. he is still 22 but last season looks a bit of an anomaly for him

He has the potential to be a top level player. But as you highlighted, those stats would be the only reason we would be in the (hypothetical) race for his signature.

7 hours ago, lexicon said:

Yeah that'd be a hell of a signing tbf

What an American dickhead in there fun cave threatening to shoot antifa or Pulisic?

I'd still like to see Takefuso Kubo here and although his club knocked us back on a loan and Smith wanted him, maybe now is the right time to revisit the idea of him joining us. He's a youngster. Kubo is an amazing talent, lightning quick and very skillful and in years could be the RW version of Grealish. They do play similar just that Kubo doesn't slow down the play and he uses speed an advantage which is what we need some of in the final third.

Do not know if Leon Bailey ever got his move to the German league, he's another I'dstill love to see at this club.

Any Youth wonder kids from this football manager list you guys would like to see at Villa, there's a good 100 to choose from. Very nice game as well it is which I currently play on Xbox. People compose these lists of there fav Wonderkids, Strikers, Midfielders so on and they're interesting to have a look at.

https://www.90min.com/posts/100-wonderkids-you-need-to-sign-on-football-manager-2021

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Any Youth wonder kids from this football manager list you guys would like to see at Villa, there's a good 100 to choose from. Very nice game as well it is which I currently play on Xbox. People compose these lists of there fav Wonderkids, Strikers, Midfielders so on and they're interesting to have a look at.

https://www.90min.com/posts/100-wonderkids-you-need-to-sign-on-football-manager-2021

Grave back and Wijndal are the good ones I know except for the obvious ones on that list like Camavinga but they are way above our club.

I put my picks a couple of pages back. For that left back and DCM positions I put Sosa from Stuttgart and Koopmeiners from AZ for example.

Edit. It’s easier to copy and paste it.

Sosa LB Stuttgart 20m

Tuanzebe CB Man Utd 10m

Koopmeiners DCM AZ 20m

Olise Reading AM Reading 8m

Brandt AM Dortmund 22m

Edouard CF Celtic 15m

Edited by paul514
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I miss the days when people with different political/ideogical beliefs could co exist... without anybody being blanket labeled 🙄. People could all have beers, banter, and heavy debate etc, then that was that.

Anyway, if I see ONE more Daily Mail " article " on my social media timelines about Meghan - Harry - Oprah - Queen - Royal gate, I just might Jump out a window.

Can't see Pulisic happening by any stretch, either way.

Look, I'm all for healthy, heavy debate but I draw the line at extremes on either side of the argument such as threatening to shoot any other humans regardless of their political beliefs.

I would then as such have a problem signing a player who thinks it's ok to endorse such threats. As you say signing Pulisic is about as likely to happen as Harry and Meghan being welcomed back to Buckingham Palace with open arms (special reference just for you) so it probably won't be worrying us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Grave back and Wijndal are the good ones I know except for the obvious ones on that list like Camavinga but they are way above our club.

I put my picks a couple of pages back. For that left back and DCM positions I put Sosa from Stuttgart and Koopmeiners from AZ for example.

Edit. It’s easier to copy and paste it.

Sosa LB Stuttgart 20m

Tuanzebe CB Man Utd 10m

Koopmeiners DCM AZ 20m

Olise Reading AM Reading 8m

Brandt AM Dortmund 22m

Edouard CF Celtic 15m

I only really know Tuanzabe. I doubt he would leave a team where he sits on the bench to play for another team where he will sit on the bench. I suppose he would move one place up the pecking order. 

10 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Aston Villa are never signing a player of Mbappe’s standing. What I’m alluding to is that with Jack Grealish, Aston Villa have a player of the type of talent that they could never ordinarily sign. And homegrown players like Grealish really are produced very rarely. 

Ah ok, now I undestand what your post meant. I didn't realise that it was specifically referring to Villa. I thought it was a general Grealish is a once in a generation player when there are clearly other players who are as good as if not better.

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Look, I'm all for healthy, heavy debate but I draw the line at extremes on either side of the argument such as threatening to shoot any other humans regardless of their political beliefs.

I would then as such have a problem signing a player who thinks it's ok to endorse such threats. As you say signing Pulisic is about as likely to happen as Harry and Meghan being welcomed back to Buckingham Palace with open arms (special reference just for you) so it probably won't be worrying us.

To be fair I don't even know what posts etc are being referred to.

I'd prefer to have more context. Yes the extremes of both sides are equally as ridiculous IMO.

Think I'm just tired of it all in general.

Especially when it starts bleeding into and taking away from our relative ' escape ' of Football.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

On 09/03/2021 at 13:55, John said:

I think a few of us may be being a little too hasty to write off McGinn. If he can get back to his best, which I think that he can, then for me he is a keeper. 

I agree with this but I do think he needs to do some work on his physique.  If you look at how Jack's physique has developed through working with Ollie Stevenson over the last couple of years, SJM's appears to me to have gone backwards over that same period.  He is definitely heavier now than when he joined and this can't help his mobility/energy?

Targett is another who, whilst having had an awesome season, just doesn't look like an athlete to me - maybe that's just the way with England left backs because Shaw is obviously similar?  I feel if he could get himself fitter/more like Grealish in physical terms, he could be as good a left back as any in world football given what I have seen of him this season.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2021 at 21:19, VillaChris said:

Eduoard to Leicester is done deal end of the season allegedly.

In that case we will have to settle for Tammy ... not the end of the world and gives Jack a mate to replace Ross when he heads back to London!

• Like 1