Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'll give an example, if we signed Gareth Bale from Southampton instead of spurs would we consider jack a generational talent? Or de Bruyne from Chelsea instead of wolfsburg, or mane from Salzburg, or van dijk from celtic etc etc

Jack is a generational talent for us partly because he's a great player but also because he's so blatantly head and shoulders above everyone else we've had play for us in the last 20 years... Part of that is because of who has played for us in the last 20 years... 

And the history of the PL and football in general shows that there's always talent out there and that they dont only end up at the CL clubs, they can move about a bit soon, if Southampton and Leicester etc can find them then so can we

I disagree that we'll never find another player of Grealishs quality 

Yes. Personally I think so. Of those players only KDB would be able to do what Jack has done for us. You simply fail to acknowledge how good he has become. IMO.

Secondly none of those are English, so it's another arguement generational talents are nation specific. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes. Personally I think so. Of those players only KDB would be able to do what Jack has done for us. You simply fail to acknowledge how good he has become. IMO.

Secondly none of those are English, so it's another arguement generational talents are nation specific. 

Jack always says he looks up to KDB

8 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Talk of searching for “the next Grealish” is nonsensical. Grealish is a once in a generation player, you can’t buy them as they don’t exist. Our very best hopes of any sort of success are to retain Grealish and add some stardust around him. We need 3, more likely 4, really good talents to come into the 1st team, that would give us a chance to compete in amongst the top clubs. We need a top level LW, CF, DM as a minimum. A really good CM would be a bonus this summer. It’ll be harder to improve from here on, and more expensive. We won’t see the same size progress that we’ve seen the last 2-3 years. I’m very content with our 1st choice back 4, I think they can compete at the sharp end. I think McGinn can’t go any higher, he’s reached his ceiling, Ditto ElGhazi, Trezeguet. If we’re to continue to improve then those 3 would be stand ins next season. I think we’ll see further improvement from Traore, he can definitely be a match winner/game changer. Then we need real competition/alternative for Watkins. The final part of this season and summer transfer window will be pivotal to our ambitions/expectations 

They will exist, come a decade from now and the way that Grealish is moving on up, most teams are going to want a creative player that does what Jack can do. Not only that I do actually think it will become the new normal for clubs to have two or maybe three Grealish types in the team. Youth will be looking at Grealish and think I want to also be like him and we will see in a decade from now more popping up with the Grealish play style and it's up to us to find them. 

Come a decade, finding a Grealish may not be so difficult as it is now, Grealish has started something in England and there will be clubs and players who want to replicate his abilitys and some will even go as far as to Evolve what Jack does now.

That's my take on a future without Grealish but with more players being inspired by him.

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but this is some predicting the future kind of stuff and over hype. Lol

There are MANY, very good young talents out there who could have the potential to equal or surpass Jack.

It's a HUGE world.

Jack isn't Pele, Maradonna, Fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Christiano or Messi, yet.

Let's calm down ffs.

I know we are meant to have " tunnel vision " re our own but.... ?

Unless you are talking just in England/UK; or Aston Villa?

Jack against many of those Legends will always be tough to Judge, the game is very much different now to what it was back then that is for sure.

Maradonna I'm not so sure could run rings around Jack and I feel that Donna was a Legend because of his handball in the world cup along with his long runs from one end to another something Jack himself is capable of. Maradonna I feel never cared for sportsmanship either, he would do just about anything to win and for me a Legend of the game is more than being a dirty player with which he showed more than just the world cup against us. Pele and Jack at same age hands down Pele. There are Legends from the 80s and before that I just do not think could touch Jack but again a much different game than the game of football we have to day so it's all really hard to say who would trump who I think.

I mean fitness and intensity in today's game I reckon is way way more than back in the games past, although there are those footballers who were still really fit there are some Legends whohad sizeable guts.

Edited by Dave-R

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Question: Tammy for £40 million or Edouard & Balgoun for £40 million?

I really do not think we should be spending 40 million on Tammy. It’s a lot of money and most likely a substantial amount of the summer budget. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

I just don't understand some folks fascination with wanting to sign Tammy at £40m when we already have 2 strikers whom we spent £25m+ on and have shown some levels of potential. We have other spots in the squad that would need improving first before dropping that cool £40m on a depth striker imo. And Tammy would want to be the clear cut #9 in terms of playing time. I'd rather spend that on a class #10 or winger. 

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Bale was an exceptional talent and still is. He has different qualities to Jack. If you merged the two player you'd have the greatest player in history. 

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but this is some predicting the future kind of stuff and over hype. Lol

There are MANY, very good young talents out there who could have the potential to equal or surpass Jack.

It's a HUGE world.

Jack isn't Pele, Maradonna, Fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Christiano or Messi, yet.

Let's calm down ffs.

I know we are meant to have " tunnel vision " re our own but.... ?

Unless you are talking just in England/UK; or Aston Villa?

Jack as wonderful as he is will never be up there with the all time greats. Hes up there with the all time greats at Villa though

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Pretty sure we were in for him after getting promoted but he decided to play for Chelsea

Watkins is a better player not sure why people even want this guy?

We can get better.

Thanks, I quoted you in relation to Edouard.

Do you have a link of where he (Edouard) has turned us down as stated.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

37 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes I read this the other day.

Will be an amazing piece of business at £15m if true.

15 million is the kind of deal we should be in on for someone who is clearly talented and young.

That said I was watching Football Daily on youtube and they mentioned a guy called Sosa who plays for Stuttgart who seems perfect for us at left back in the summer when Taylor goes.

• Like 1

I’ve changed my summer wish list to a cheaper version...

Sosa LB Stuttgart 20m

Tuanzebe CB Man Utd 10m

Koopmeiners DCM AZ 20m

Olise Reading AM Reading 8m

Brandt AM Dortmund 22m

Edouard CF Celtic 15m

95m

Out

Taylor

Elmo

Engels

Connor

Barkley

Davis

Trez

might bring in 20m or so.

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really do not think we should be spending 40 million on Tammy. It’s a lot of money and most likely a substantial amount of the summer budget. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if we spent near that amount twice on a new RF and CM. Agree we’re unlikely do it for a striker though.