Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

30 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

So Bertie.... I think he will improve this season as he settles in more. A good pre-season for Dean to work his magic on him and we will have a hell of a player on our hands.

Jas - how's that?

as I’ve been told a lot the last few days if we break our transfer record which we did then surely that player, Buendia will be playing almost all the games, and if we get ESR then surely Traore gets virtually no game time to improve? Or show us he’s improved?

56 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t write my boy BT off, he’s our most entertaining player. Give him a chance, he will improve (exciting).

We’ve put up with comparative shit in El Ghazi & Trez, can’t we afford this lad some patience? He’s way better and has made a contribution in his first season for us. He scores and assists, that’s his priority. And he’s won us games, thrilling us at the same time with some absurd skills 😆. His technique and elegance on the ball is more than welcome.

Defensive discipline is something that can be worked on. Talent and ability, not so much…

Sometimes it just seems like so many of us are quick to shit on our own players, give them a chance.

Just look at how much better Targett was this season…

Oh and Buendia is going to be class, don’t you dare….

They're not as you say shit. One won us a lot of points and got double figures in goals. 11 in 17 games (all comps) worth of minutes.  and the other helped his fullback solidify the right hand side. 

Traore is a maverick but it's no accident we were easier to attack against from his side.

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Is that a good thing or a blah thing?

Arnaud Kalimuendo’s Debut season in ligue Un he got 7 goals and 5 assist in 29 games so I’d say a good thing … if we can pick him up and he develops along the same trajectory as others who have left PSG in search of first team football, we would have signed a player worth a whole lot more than what we paid and have a great talent on our books. 

Edited by thabucks

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

They're not as you say shit. One won us a lot of points and got double figures in goals. 11 in 17 games (all comps) worth of minutes.  and the other helped his fullback solidify the right hand side. 

Traore is a maverick but it's no accident we were easier to attack against from his side.

Comparatively speaking, and they were or used to be shit or have been shit/shitter at times.

Did either of them do anywhere near as well in their first seasons?

Not saying they haven’t improved.

I’m not condemning either player, and don’t have a massive problem with keeping them in the squad if there is room. Just sticking up for BT who some seem desperate to write off straight away. He’s provided some joyful moments already…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Arnaud Kalimuendo’s Debut season in ligue Un he got 7 goals and 5 assist in 29 games so I’d say a good thing … if we can pick him up and he develops along the same trajectory as others who have left PSG in search of first team football, we would have signed a player worth a whole lot more than what we paid and have a great talent on our books. 

Sorry I meant Eduoard being that good? Being good in a such a strong team in a really poor league isn’t a great CV to aspire to or determine if he’s that good.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m not condemning either player, just sticking up for BT who some seem desperate to write off straight away. He’s provided some joyful moments already…

BT fan boy…a little obsessive mate 😉 just kidding!

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Sorry I meant Eduoard being that good? Being good in a such a strong team in a really poor league isn’t a great CV to aspire to or determine if he’s that good.

True that, Edouard’s France u21 scoring record of fantastic… So is Eddie Nketiah’s …. The pedigree of ex PSG Young players is there to see so one could presume and hope for similar outcome, but no guarantee. It’s also more about identifying the next Tammy or Edouard ourselves rather than piggy back on others and paying the premium. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

He plays for Lyon now mate…

A bargain deal from Ligue 1?

Once a rossoneri, always a rossoneri!

He is stubborn, I am stubborn. He said no, I say no 😁

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

go away no GIF

Get back to the Tammy thread 🤣

You literally asked me in the Tammy thread to come over here and support you re Bertie…….oh I see where I went wrong 😂

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

You’re one to talk! 🤣

Tammy’s not going out with you!

He’s 23 too isn’t he?

Restraining order mate, not allowed in 100 metres of him to ask! 😜

Edited by nick76

I do like Zinchenko (sp?) Almost impossible to get the kid out of City, but I’d love someone so versatile, 

40 minutes ago, av1 said:

I do like Zinchenko (sp?) Almost impossible to get the kid out of City, but I’d love someone so versatile, 

Part of the deal for Jack!? Oh My God Wow GIF

• Sad 2