Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

I do like Zinchenko (sp?) Almost impossible to get the kid out of City, but I’d love someone so versatile, 

100% this. Cracking player. 

I mentioned Paqueta a while back based on him looking quite pally with our Dougie.  Presses like a demon and has super quick feet. Him or Kamada all day long instead of ESR. Nkunku in Germany looks decent as amazing as well. 

The DM team mate of Paqueta at Lyon looks good too, a fella called Maxence Caqueret

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Not sure why City would give us Zinchenko as part of the new bumper deal we give Jack but I admire the optimism.

That's how powerful Nas and Wes are.....

Also for a Watkins back up I wouldn’t be adverse to going for an older striker, someone like Luis Muriel at Atalanta. Might be costly but he’d be a great back up option/competition for Watkins. 

A cheaper option might be Amine Gouiri at Nice. 21 yr old with decent stats. 

29 minutes ago, burchy said:

Also for a Watkins back up I wouldn’t be adverse to going for an older striker, someone like Luis Muriel at Atalanta. Might be costly but he’d be a great back up option/competition for Watkins. 

A cheaper option might be Amine Gouiri at Nice. 21 yr old with decent stats. 

Cavani worked out well for United but guessing he was on silly wages like 200k or something

No idea if we’d even consider it as he’s in his 30s but he looks a handful and very Watkinesque. 

Have no idea what he’s on at Atalanta though. 

Colombian as well so perhaps I have my Angel goggles on. 

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Boubakar Kamara not extending his contract at Marseille.

DM or CB. Seriously would be a game changer for us I think.

Fills two important spots and I would think be less than €25m.

Unbelievable Jeff. Covering CB and DM I like. Transfermarkt has him at €37m but I often find their valuations off. They have Grealish at €65m and think he was €15m year or so ago

• Like 3

Kamara sounds ideal, get Sanson (former team mate) to persuade him…

In other news…

Uruguay have been knocked out of the Copa America… could we finally make our move for De Arrascaeta now?

Things have gone quiet on Alvarez too… maybe we’re waiting for the tournament to end? Argentina playing QF atm, 1 nil up…

So excited at just even the thought of bringing these pair in…

spacer.png

His name’s been brought up here before. Since he’s not renewing his contract, it’s a great opportunity for us…

Kind of player we need, a proper DM. Ability to cover at CB is more than welcome too.

Only 23, potential and value… Fits our transfer model, perfectly?

Defensively sound with ability on the ball, someone to protect the back four and help progress the ball and contribute to our build up play and ability to retain/control possession. Good in the air too, something we are lacking in MF.

spacer.png

As a DM, he looks the business…

For comparison,

Nakamba:

spacer.png

And Doug (maybe this suggests he would indeed be more effective further forward. With reduced defensive responsibility and greater capacity to express himself more in his passing and shooting. Too restricted at DM?)

spacer.png

• Like 1

This is surprising, I have criticised McGinn’s passing and looseness in possession but still….

Not so impressive defensively either….

spacer.png

Clearly much stronger in an attacking sense, must admit it thrills me when he nicks the ball off the opposition (hopefully more frequently next season), especially in dangerous areas - aiding the attack, and gets us going… expect better from him next season but he will have competition…

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This is surprising, I have criticised McGinn’s passing and looseness in possession but still….

Not so impressive defensively either….

spacer.png

Clearly much stronger in an attacking sense, must admit it thrills me when he nicks the ball off the opposition (hopefully more frequently next season), especially in dangerous areas - aiding the attack, and gets us going… expect better from him next season but he will have competition…

I'd bet McGinn pressures in final 3rd  are higher than overall

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Cavani worked out well for United but guessing he was on silly wages like 200k or something

300k I think.

Edit: what I read was dollars so closer to your number.

Edited by Adam2003

I love transfer speculation…..or identifying targets…..as much as anyone. I could reel off 20 players I’d love Villa to sign and Boubacar Kamara would be one of them.

However, all the noises coming out of VP is we’re looking for players tried and tested in Premier League/Champs.Beundia, Webcam, Tammy, Axel, JWP etc

From DS’s perspective that’s perfectly understandable given traumatic first season back in the Prem where he struggled to get a tune out of all our new signings.

DS, the owners and CEO know that if we keep Jack we’re on the cusp of breaking into the top 6 with some intelligent signings.

So they’re simply not going to blow £150m on overseas talent this year as much as maybe I’d like them to.

Hoping we saw kamara when we scouted sanson

He's been linked with the big boys though, barca obviously as someone they can't afford, Milan, Liverpool etc 

Lyons midfield is paqueta, caqueret, bruno guimares, thiago Mendes and aouar, can't play them all... 

Thinking back to Deanos comment about targeting experienced premier league players and a conversation yesterday about signing alternatives if our first choice targets do not come to fruition. They say never go back but one alternative I'd take to fill the squad is Marc Albrighton.

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

His name’s been brought up here before. Since he’s not renewing his contract, it’s a great opportunity for us…

Kind of player we need, a proper DM. Ability to cover at CB is more than welcome too.

Only 23, potential and value… Fits our transfer model, perfectly?

Defensively sound with ability on the ball, someone to protect the back four and help progress the ball and contribute to our build up play and ability to retain/control possession. Good in the air too, something we are lacking in MF.

spacer.png

As a DM, he looks the business…

For comparison,

Nakamba:

spacer.png

And Doug (maybe this suggests he would indeed be more effective further forward. With reduced defensive responsibility and greater capacity to express himself more in his passing and shooting. Too restricted at DM?)

spacer.png

Not sure if people on here started using Fbref stats after I started using them, or people were always using them and I just never noticed.

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Not sure if people on here started using Fbref stats after I started using them, or people were always using them and I just never noticed.

Only noticed recently so assume you were the pioneer