Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I don’t see Tammy happening personally, it’s a lot of cash he won’t fancy moving to be a none automatic first 11 choice IMO.

A move to a team like West Ham makes more sense or even Spurs if they sell Kane.

Cant see us spending £40m on Tammy for him to be primarily on the bench. There's no way he displaces Watkins for me. Ollie bullies defenders and works his balls off, he's created goals for himself doing that. Tammy just isn't the right fit for our style of play anymore. 

I've seen some outrageous comments on twitter that we should sign him because he's Jacks mate and that mean he stays at the club then. Crazy concept. 

Edited by The Other Mat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Not a good solution. Watkins is so much better as a striker than a winger. Ollie is a good hardworking winger at championship level, totally unproven as a winger in the Premier league. His one on one take on's simply aren't on the level of quality Premier league winger. If we played him wide we'd have to use him like Trezguet. To run hard, protect the fullback, link up and chip in with goals from the back post. With Tammy and Jack in your front 4 the press will be leaky. 

Plus the biggest thing you're missing here is Ollie is a better striker than Tammy so why should he be shoved out wide for an inferior striker. Really we should buy a quality winger, put them on the wing and leave Ollie where he is!

No no no, you just don’t know that.

He was totally unproven as a ST in the Prem before he arrived. Lol.

9 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

And now after a season of watching Tammy and a season of watching Ollie I can say with confidence Ollie is a better striker. I can also say that Ollie isn't a great dribbler and his best assets are his workrate, movement, finishing, and tenacity. All perfect for his current pressing forward role. 

People's love for Tammy and the role he played in our promotion is clouding people's judgement.

Watkins would have started less games games for Chelsea this season than Abraham.

Edited by rayk
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

And now after a season of watching Tammy and a season of watching Ollie I can say with confidence Ollie is a better striker. I can also say that Ollie isn't a great dribbler and his best assets are his workrate, movement, finishing, and tenacity. All perfect for his current pressing forward role. 

People's love for Tammy and the role he played in our promotion is clouding people's judgement.

You can say a lot of things with confidence but it's still just an opinion.

Without having Tammy up front for us in the Prem for the same amount of games as Ollie, it is impossible to say who is better or who would get more goals.

He's only 23 and has proved he can score goals at the highest level for Chelsea. He was Chelsea's top scorer last season and only dropped when Tuchel came in an preferred Werner who doesn't score many goals.

People seem obsessed with the notion he and Ollie can't play together and that Dean can't change up the system if he had the quality of players to allow him to. Watkins definitely didn't play the lone striker role before us.

I still back Ollie to be our main striker with or without Tammy's signing.

My main doubt is a 40 mil striker doesn't feel like the priority at the moment.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I mean, if we're just buying players because we need squad depth and options there's probably loads of players that fit that description and would cost a lot less than Tammy.

I think it's more a case of adding quality rather than just numbers for the sake of it.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Watkins would have started less games games for Chelsea this season than Abraham.

Are you really going down this road? You are making an assumption with absolutely nothing to back it up. There isn't any kind of observation you can you use to back this up.

If Watkins was a Chelsea he would have worked harder than anyone else in training and eventually established himself as their number one striker. As he is better than Tammy and better suited to the premier league than Werner.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Are you really going down this road? You are making an assumption with absolutely nothing to back it up. There isn't any kind of observation you can you use to back this up.

If Watkins was a Chelsea he would have worked harder than anyone else in training and eventually established himself as their number one striker. As he is better than Tammy and better suited to the premier league than Werner.

Mate you are the one making assumptions.

Edited by rayk

12 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

You can say a lot of things with confidence but it's still just an opinion.

Without having Tammy up front for us in the Prem for the same amount of games as Ollie, it is impossible to say who is better or who would get more goals.

He's only 23 and has proved he can score goals at the highest level for Chelsea. He was Chelsea's top scorer last season and only dropped when Tuchel came in an preferred Werner who doesn't score many goals.

People seem obsessed with the notion he and Ollie can't play together and that Dean can't change up the system if he had the quality of players to allow him to. Watkins definitely didn't play the lone striker role before us.

I still back Ollie to be our main striker with or without Tammy's signing.

My main doubt is a 40 mil striker doesn't feel like the priority at the moment.

Spot on that is my opinion (that Ollie is better than Tammy), it's also a very popular opinion that most on here would agree with.

Tammy the season before last had 15 goals and 3 assists for a Chelsea team that finished in the top four. Watkins had 14 goals and 9 assists in think further 11th placed team. I know whats is a more impressive feat.

You are absolutely right we can spend our money far more wisely than 40 million on Tammy Abraham.

I don't believe they can play together, Tammy is very greedy and Watkins would have to be the one making the sacrifices in such a partnership. I can't see how it can work unless you play Ollie wide, and waste his talents. Once again, my opinion. But I like to think an educated one

• Like 2