Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Eze is a very good player. I've suggested him a lot on Villa Talk this last few years.

I suggested him to via a contract at P.F.S.A Scouting Association  to VfB Stuttgart in December 2018 on a project i was asked to do for joint P.F.S.A & Stuttgart FC on The Best "Championship Players with Potential".

I also suggested to them Ezri Konsa & Ollie Watkins (both Brentford) at the time.

VfB Stuttgart came back via our contact (An ex Man Utd Scout) and said that they wasn't interested in the player's i suggested.

Crystal Palace Eze, we taking about? Heard today he got a achilies injury in training apparently, out for the rest of the year, at least.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think we should pay too much heed to what Dean says in interviews… he has to give the media an answer as they are relentless….

It’s normal, but when managers are questioned about links to individual players they are normally reticent. I think the same applies to transfer strategies too - it doesn’t help any club or manager to reveal too much information.

Dean was asked several times about Sanson and was non-commital and outright saying “No” at times. We ended up signing him.

Look how coy and quiet we have been about injuries to our key players and for what extent of time they are out for or when they will return. It’s helps to keep opponents on their toes and not reveal too much, in transfer dealings too. The more privacy, the better chance you have of completing a deal and maybe keeping the price down too.

When you’re constantly questioned and pressured to give a response, you eventually end up having to say or reveal something but we need not (and I don’t think we have) reveal the full extent of any given situation.

Again, we’ll just have to wait and see who we bring in but it’s hard not to speculate, theorise and get excited by links and rumours ahead of time. It’s part of the fun.

Off topic a tad but sort of linked. I used to work with Michael Appleton at Oxford United and his on screen persona was completely different to his off screen persona. He comes across so much better in person and is really a deep football thinker. I remember asking him about this and his reply was. In interviews he talked in sound bites and cliches which is actually all the media really want out of press conferences. Journalists want headlines and easy headlines not detailed in depth answers, that’s saved for in depth features. So yeah you cannot trust what managers say fully in interviews, nor read too much into it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Crystal Palace Eze, we taking about? Heard today he got a achilies injury in training apparently, out for the rest of the year, at least.

Yes, i suggested him when he was at Q.P.R. to VfB Stuttgart in December 2018 

19 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Yes, i suggested him when he was at Q.P.R. to VfB Stuttgart in December 2018 

I also recall you suggesting Ivan Toney when he was at Peterborough.

What a sensation he is turning out to be.   :thumb:

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

That team of league winners got dismantled and the replacements weren't there and it took them a couple of years to get back challenging again. They actually bought a lot of s**t after winning the league. It is really only this/last season that they are back among the big boys again. I don't think that we need to wait to win a league title in order to put such a system in place.

Come again? Of the first teamers we talk of here only Kante was sold. The second season saw Drinkwater departure iirc. Mahrez wasn't until way later. Vardy is still there, Schmeichel is there. Albrighton is there. 

If anything Leicester did the opposite of dismantling. They sold off one big player each season following that. Which is why your idea won't work. 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I also recall you suggesting Ivan Toney when he was at Peterborough.

What a sensation he is turning out to be.   :thumb:

I said  in December 2019 Andy before we signed Watkins in (summer of 2020) and Brentford signed Toney as his replacement.

Also my June 2020 post:-

On 24/06/2020 at 10:14, Mjvilla said:

Still waiting from @Villan4Life to give me the lowdown on Ivan Toney on what makes him a good potential signing. He's failed at Newcastle and has 1 good goalscoring season in league 1. Can you give me a player appraisal as to why he would be a good player for us?

My Reply to @Mjvilla:

He's got a lot of potential, knows where back of net is, and has a good attitude.. Sometimes it takes players a few season's to forfill that early potential. He was young at Newcastle when he signed from Northampton.

Just my opinion he could do well and is a good player and can keep improving.

An example: Back in 1992 Andy Cole wasn't wanted and got sold by Arsenal to Bristol City for just £500k and he ended up having a great career..

Some player's just need time to improve.

Edited June 24, 2020 by Villan4Life

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

I read, today,some where that someone on this forum didn't understand why people wanted to sign goalscorers. Apparently we had that. What we needed was people to create the chances. 

Bollocks to that. We create so many **** chances all the time. Yet it's always the same. We fluff them and invite teams on to us with the pressure knowing we have not scored them. 

New winger and CAM please. Ideally someone that knows where the goal is. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I read, today,some where that someone on this forum didn't understand why people wanted to sign goalscorers. Apparently we had that. What we needed was people to create the chances. 

Bollocks to that. We create so many **** chances all the time. Yet it's always the same. We fluff them and invite teams on to us with the pressure knowing we have not scored them. 

New winger and CAM please. Ideally someone that knows where the goal is. 

Why a cam when grealish showed yet again hid best position is there. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Because I think Jack is best on the left. Either way they would interchange so much it's not a big deal. 

To be perfectly honest I don't really care where Jack plays. He's that good. Maybe he'll prove to be better in the middle. I don't know. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

What happens when he is out for 12 games again?

Even without that, it's good to have options.

We need someone who can seamlessly interchange with Jack ( As Jack now seems to naturally drift out to the left at times as well, even as CAM )

Someone who can cover both CAM and Winger/Wide Forward would be ideal.

Both add extra firepower WITH Jack, and slot in if we are without him for whatever reason.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Have we put in a £15m bid to Levy for Kane?

Offer that bald headed prick 300m Lira, a partially used box of Marlborough Reds and a holiday edition bag of Maowams and be deadly serious about it. 

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What happens when he is out for 12 games again?

Even without that, it's good to have options.

We need someone who can seamlessly interchange with Jack ( As Jack now seems to naturally drift out to the left at times as well, even as CAM )

Someone who can cover both CAM and Winger/Wide Forward would be ideal.

Both add extra firepower WITH Jack, and slot in if we are without him for whatever reason.

OK but why don't we target a really creative LW who can solve our creation problems whilst jack is out and rely on that plus a top defence to see us through those games if any. 

Rather than spending a large portion of our budget on a backup. In a position without a huge need. 

41 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

OK but why don't we target a really creative LW who can solve our creation problems whilst jack is out and rely on that plus a top defence to see us through those games if any. 

Rather than spending a large portion of our budget on a backup. In a position without a huge need. 

We are kind of saying the same thing mate.

I'm basically saying, ideally, I would want a top, top quality player who can do BOTH the CAM role ( When Jack is out ) and the LW role, for when Jack is in at CAM.

So he would be the starting LW/RW as well as CAM backup. During games they could interchange either way.

Or even for when we just want to change it up against opposition.

I too, like Jack in the middle.

We can't make the mistake of not having cover for Jack, wherever he plays.