Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

I want to see players with pace & power arriving this summer. A general of a DM and a dynamic No.8 as priority. The rest can fall into place around that.

I couldn't agree more.

I have a quiet concern, that we will not strengthen in the right area's

but at the same time, I hope my concerns are unfounded.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

That is funny, providing no one was hurt.

Ah, yes I checked, all parties were OK. The film maker and both actors concerned wished all to know that with the help of special effects the footage was played at x100 speed and it took the child actor 7 minutes from being punched to landing on the heavily padded landing area. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Was mentioned earlier:

Looks very good tbf.

It's the Danish league. Barry Bannan would look like Andres Iniesta.

And another potential player isn't what we need. We need someone to improve us from the bat.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And another potential player isn't what we need. We need someone to improve us from the bat.

It isn't only what we need. We should always be on the look out for players with potential while also strengthening the main squad. So as long as it doesn't take away from the budget for the first team I don't have a problem.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It isn't only what we need. We should always be on the look out for players with potential while also strengthening the main squad. So as long as it doesn't take away from the budget for the first team I don't have a problem.

Don't think I agree.

Firstly we need to pool the money we got to get the highest possible calibre of player. There's no need to buy another squad player. AEG, Traore and Trez would probably look very very very good in the Scandinavian leagues.

We also got some of the best youth teams in Europe going about their business, so buying more squad fillers is not what we need at all. We need quality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't think I agree.

Firstly we need to pool the money we got to get the highest possible calibre of player. There's no need to buy another squad player. AEG, Traore and Trez would probably look very very very good in the Scandinavian leagues.

We also got some of the best youth teams in Europe going about their business, so buying more squad fillers is not what we need at all. We need quality.

Tbf he is saying as long as it doesn't interfere with 1st team budget. I think you're both right. Don't block the youth, get the best players we can, fill the squad with depth and quality.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Tbf he is saying as long as it doesn't interfere with 1st team budget. I think you're both right. Don't block the youth, get the best players we can, fill the squad with depth and quality.

This, we need the option to rotate and Dean doesn't trust 40% of his squad.

57 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How do know this kid won’t be ? We aren’t yet in a position to be buying the real deal either - so a 19yo wunderkid chased by some of Europe’s biggest clubs shouldn’t be dismissed so easily given he could develop into the real deal - 

36 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't think I agree.

I am not saying it is an either or.

As an example Leicester bought Soyuncu for 20 million while Maguire was still at the club. He played 6 games in his first season for Leicester. SIX - imagine we payed 20 million for someone and he only played 6 games. Maguire is sold and bang - a ready made replacement just slots in and does just as good a job as Maguire. He played 2 seasons of Bundesliga football and prior to that he was playing in the second division in Turkey. There is quality out there for a good price, you've just got to find it.

Up until now we have been relying on our signings to hit the ground running. We probably need a couple more to hit the ground running but at the same time we also need to be looking for players with potential who we can afford to let settle, play 6 games in their first season and eventually replace the inevitable outgoings that we are going to have.

We're getting to a place now where it is not one or the other and IMO it would be a good idea to follow such a strategy and also the players that you can be sure are going to make an instant impact are few and far between. We could probably afford a maximum of two of them in one window.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, thabucks said:

How do know this kid won’t be ? We aren’t yet in a position to be buying the real deal either - so a 19yo wunderkid chased by some of Europe’s biggest clubs shouldn’t be dismissed so easily given he could develop into the real deal - 

Also presumably someone known well by Lange. 

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’ve read that 3 times and I’m confused.

It was a typo thanks.....I missed out the crucial word "Not"

I appreciate the perseverence.😀

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think that Tro means that he is concerned that we will NOT strengthen in the right areas, but I stand to be corrected.

spot on thanks, it was a typo.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thabucks said:

but we can't just rely on if's buts and maybe's players, while they have a place, in our recruitment, we need some immediate strengthening....cast iron as can be faces.

We may have to play hard ball, to get 1 or 2 .

We are going past the place where " available " players are our only option....with shrewd identification,  we have to make them available.

We are aspiring past the old methods, we have to get hard nosed.

• Like 1