General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

we've got 2 i think who seemingly dont ref us anymore, friend is the one but i cant remember the other

the benefit of that is we get moss and mike dean....

I read Andre marriner had admitted to being a villa fan... Is he the second?

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Absolutely not the answer. It will be 'refs' reviewing it. These same refs who looked at areola belt the Sheffield United player high across the shins and decide he 'got enough of the ball'. 

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand what you are getting at? Refs as opposed to who? 

Refs being rubbish is another discussion (And many are, no question). 

At the end of the day the Premier League has spent a large sum of money implementing VAR, and has signed contracts with providers. It’s not going away soon. We may as well try to fine a way to live with it.

54 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand what you are getting at? Refs as opposed to who? 

Refs being rubbish is another discussion (And many are, no question). 

At the end of the day the Premier League has spent a large sum of money implementing VAR, and has signed contracts with providers. It’s not going away soon. We may as well try to fine a way to live with it.

Refs reviewing it. Refs are the ones getting the decisions wrong, even with a review... Are they going to change their mind and get the decision right? 

Using that Fulham - Sheffield United one as an example, not one person who has played the sport at any level doesn't think that's a penalty.

2 referees decided (VAR and infield ref), plus an ex ref who does a column thinks it's a penalty. The problem isn't with VAR, the problem is with the referees and a lack of understanding of the game. Reviews don't fix that bit.

• Like 1

What an absolute farce from Mason at West Brom vs Brighton. Blows the whistle for the free kick so they can take it quickly, they score, then he disallows it for no clear reason.

Video technology can not fix incompetence. When will they start sacking these clearings in the woods?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mason is having all the fun today.

Making it up as he goes along I think.

It’s a pity it’s not on BT sport where that plank could give an explanation of why it was the right decision

After he blew the whistle for the second time it was a new passage of play so the first whistle had to be ignored hence no golf

Edited by Follyfoot

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Anthony Taylor is probably the best ref in the league. He's decent to be fair.

I know his name but dont know what he looks like. I suppose thats a good sign for a referee. 

I also dont know the guy who reffed our game last night, he seemed OK

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know his name but dont know what he looks like. I suppose thats a good sign for a referee. 

Imagine a peanut with eyes 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

skynews-anthony-taylor-referee_4957575.j

Say what you will about Jon Moss, but watching him ‘run’ is really entertaining if you imagine he’s not refereeing professional football but acting in a remake of the Benny Hill Show theme. 

• Like 2

Â