General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

Perfect example there in the Arsenal game of the rules being different depending on where it is on the pitch. How can Peters’ handball (the first incident) not be a foul, where the Fulham incident was a foul in the rules? That absolutely should never be the case and it needs to be fixed.

Edited by a m ole

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Perfect example there in the Arsenal game of the rules being different depending on where it is on the pitch. How can Peters’ handball (the first incident) not be a foul, where the Fulham incident was a foul in the rules? That absolutely should never be the case and it needs to be fixed.

if it strikes a arm in any way, and a goal is scored, the goal must be disallowed. it's a ridiculous rule that i thought already had been changed but apparently it will be at end of the season instead.

surprised peters' wasn't given though. arm in an unnatural position.

It comes to something when Colin rocket polisher is the voice of truth.

Managers can't speak to refs. They get fined for criticisng refs. Press can't speak to the refs. They're able to **** up, week in, week out, and are given far too much protection.

Completely agree with him about the implementation of VAR as well.

• Like 1

playing on after an offside has now caused a serious injury for Patricio, hopefully Wolves try to sue whoever came up with that stupid rule as it was only a matter of time before somebody would get seriously hurt 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Vinicius made 2 clubbing tackles to the head of Villa players tonight and not one yellow card or even a VAR check. bullshit

VAR clearly have the night off, mate

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Disgraceful both by the officials not spotting obvious cheating, and by superstar, can't do any wrong, England captain Harry Kane for cheating.

I would say that I can see why that might have looked like a foul in full speed. I find it hard to blame the on field ref for getting conned by a players cheating.

Whoever is watching VAR and not correcting that is clearly not up to the level required. 

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I would say that I can see why that might have looked like a foul in full speed. I find it hard to blame the on field ref for getting conned by a players cheating.

Whoever is watching VAR and not correcting that is clearly not up to the level required. 

Sky say no 'clear and obvious error' which isn't the point of VAR. It should automatically be under review. Look how much time was wasted on Cash's non-penalty against Southampton.

the commentators for us over here (Graham Le Saux in particular) were left bemused when Dean didn't give a yellow on a few occasions - the Vinicius complete haul down of a break away was one of the top of my head

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

the commentators for us over here (Graham Le Saux in particular) were left bemused when Dean didn't give a yellow on a few occasions - the Vinicius complete haul down of a break away was one of the top of my head

Smart from the syndicate that he works for

Last time he was our ref the yellows were like confetti, villa fans bet over 5, he goes under 

22 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Hojlberg rugby tackling Targett after he snuck past him on the edge of the box was bemusing. 

Two villa players booked for something similar afterwards on the halfway line.

Â