General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Another farce. Fabinho allowed kick people and no card

Henderson aswell on McGinn first half. Most obvious tactical foul you can get and ref just allows him to run off and lectures SJM for having the temerity to moan about being fouled all over the pitch.

Looks like aswell they've randomly decided to go back to World cup style injury time, how on earth can Everton get 9 minutes at Molineux and we only get 3?!

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was 17 minutes added time today yet 5 in the Wolves game

Was not one serious injury or long VAR stoppage to get that time

In fairness Digne went down, Moreno went down, Emi did his usual throwing the ball out last 10 minutes and got booked, Liverpool may have had someone injured and VAR checked that Gapko effort for a good 90 seconds.

Problem is all that could happen at VP next weekend in second half plus more goals and subs and we'd only get five minutes at the most from a different ref totting things up.

4 hours ago, sne said:

It did have a team playing in red needing a result thou. That trumps everything.

Marginal goal disallowed for Liverpool, could have been given with a different referee “interpretation”.

Mings looked like he’d be sent off all day long for studs in chest and wasn’t.

Edited by Genie

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was not one serious injury or long VAR stoppage to get that time

10 substitutions in the second half. Moreno had a fair bit of treatment. A LOT of time wasting for the entire second half too. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Marginal goal disallowed for Liverpool.

Mings looked like he’d be sent off all day long for studs in chest and wasn’t.

Yup on most days against the big sides their goal wouldn't been disallowed, Mings would have been sent off and Henderson would have got the pen.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Farce to change the rules

Wouldn't surprise me if this was a response to us inquiring about the 3 mins in the Wolves game

Edited by a-k

How the hell Brighton's goal doesn't get chalked off is beyond me. 

Mings has to run around a player stood in an offside position, meaning he can't get close enough to Undav who scores. 

I just don't understand how that can be acceptable.

Attwell was reffing Everton-Bournemouth yesterday. Plenty of time wasting so he added on 10 minutes!

I'd still love to see the written reasons how 3 minutes was added on to the Wolves game, still annoys me given two weeks later all refs are suddenly going back to the World cup directive.

12 hours ago, May-Z said:

How the hell Brighton's goal doesn't get chalked off is beyond me. 

Mings has to run around a player stood in an offside position, meaning he can't get close enough to Undav who scores. 

I just don't understand how that can be acceptable.

What would have happened if Mings ran through the offside player to get to Undav?

I think PGMOL would just dismiss that due to Brighton player not actually touching Mings and stopping his run back towards goal.

For all the outrage when we had that goal disallowed in the cup at Man. United Ramsey did actually block whichever defender was running back to try to get the ball so think it's similar to whether a player is in keeper's eyeline as you're seeing more of those goals given compared to 2-3 years back.

It's a cat and mouse game, teams will try to find a way to get through our offside trap, Brighton were better and more creative than others which isn't surprising with their manager.  We will have to get used to teams trying stuff and exploiting the loopholes in the offside rule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think PGMOL would just dismiss that due to Brighton player not actually touching Mings and stopping his run back towards goal.

For all the outrage when we had that goal disallowed in the cup at Man. United Ramsey did actually block whichever defender was running back to try to get the ball so think it's similar to whether a player is in keeper's eyeline as you're seeing more of those goals given compared to 2-3 years back.

I just think it had a big impact on Mings having to pelt back because he lost ground going around the offside player. That meant when Undav headed it to the side of Mings, his momentum was too much to control.

In short, Mings' decision process and movement were interfered with to the extent where Brighton gained an advantage. 

I like how Brighton clearly worked on something to beat our offside trap, they're one of the only teams to try and counteract it, but I think they were successful because they did something 'illegal'. PGMOL need to be able to see that.

The incident that stood out to me was the back pass. I didn’t see a replay so I assume I’m missing something (or don’t know the rule properly) so would be interested to know why it wasn’t called. It seemed at the time to be the most obvious example of a defender intentionally clipping it back to the keeper. 

• Like 1

Â