Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Complaining about Sanson is hard but someone has to do it. I still haven’t seen yesterday’s game, but he might have a stronger case for game time if he could point to more things he’d contributed. Goals, assists, chances created, key passes etc.

Dougie doesn’t do much of that either but plays further back so is excused. Ramsey made himself undroppable with goals and McGinn with, I don’t know, hard tackles? Sanson being tidy gets overlooked easily.

That's the thing, he generally isn't tidy either. He's not Ashley Westwood. Passing accuracy wise at least although last game was a curious exception to this.

Look at the amount of goals and assists he made during his time at Marseille. He's an attacking midfielder. Which makes him more similar to Mcginn and Ramsey than you'd think.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, stegzy said:

Think the midfield should be Sanson, Nakamba and Mcginn next match. Nakamba is so crucial too the Gerrard style and Ramsey is looking a little tired.

I'd prefer Iroegbunam, Luiz and Ramsey.

I think therein lies the problem with our midfield - we have a number of players who are all at about the same level and are a little too similar to each other in some ways.

I think of the six, Luiz is probably the best player and definitely the best number six, McGinn is probably the next best player but doesn't seem to have a natural role in the side in which he fits at the moment and Ramsey is the one who has been making things happen, Sanson looks neat and tidy and Nakamba is capable but limited as a defensive midfielder with Iroegbunam a potentially much better player but lacking experience. 

For me, in the holding role, I'd take the risk on Iroegbunam over Nakamba - I'd start Luiz and bring Iroegbunam in if Luiz is injured or tiring.

Quite honestly though, you could pick any three and I think you'd get a similar result.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Quite honestly though, you could pick any three and I think you'd get a similar result.

Agreed, because the pieces just don't seem to fit each other. But maybe with Naka back they can find a way.

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'd start him over McGinn and Ramsey. Might not be popular but I think he's a much more consistent allrounder and I would like to see him and Luiz paired in the middle for a change . 

Chambers sansom and either Ramsey or luiz , we need strength and consistency and some sort of cohesion which the current 3 do not have. Probs Ramsey over luiz purely due to Ramsey havibg more pace aggression and energy. 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

No point even working hard in this squad. Favourites rule. No wonder our entire midfield spends the game jogging.

Their place is secure.

Gerrard out.

You hit the nail on the head Gerrards favourites are undroppable. Morgan sanson has shown more than  mcginn has all season in a handful of appearances.

We will regret this error in sanson not playing it will be another Veretout situation, once he left his game went up.

If its Gerrard or sanson to leave I'm so pissed off with Gerrard thinking and same old players picked each game then Steve clear your desk.

Morgan sanson can do a job if he's given a fair chance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its a farce now that he cant get a game. Does nothing wrong and not seen for weeks. He will probably play again last game of the season 

Not for McGinn though who can never be dropped ever 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its a farce now that he cant get a game. Does nothing wrong and not seen for weeks. He will probably play again last game of the season 

Not for McGinn though who can never be dropped ever 

yeah but you clearly dont understand friendo.

McGinn wears a chicken suit and provides good team bants, so he cant be dropped.

Ever.

Since when is a player picked on playing well?, are you from the 60s or something?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2022 at 23:35, villan501 said:

You hit the nail on the head Gerrards favourites are undroppable. Morgan sanson has shown more than  mcginn has all season in a handful of appearances.

We will regret this error in sanson not playing it will be another Veretout situation, once he left his game went up.

If its Gerrard or sanson to leave I'm so pissed off with Gerrard thinking and same old players picked each game then Steve clear your desk.

Morgan sanson can do a job if he's given a fair chance

My thoughts exactly

3 hours ago, supermon said:

No Sanson again, not like Gerrard would have played him anyway. Wish we got to see what he could offer

Its fine we get to see McGinn cut in on his left and play hopeless nothing passes to the opposition but he makes one tackle so seems like he has fight

• Like 1

Â