Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

51 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

My wife has informed me that he has to start as in her words he's a "sexy French piece" and the "only half decent bit of candy since Jota left..."

has your wife not seen meatball?

I would guess not with that comment!

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

It would mean McGinn playing central. How would you feel about that?  I mean he did move there when Sanson came on so it might be the plan.

Against Southampton and Leeds we need as much mobility in central midfield as possible, in and out of possesion.

Sanson is always busy and gets around the pitch no problem so I really hope he starts the next two and gets a proper chance in next three months.

Perhaps he'll shock me and sign a new deal next week but Luiz is already gone in my mind so feels a bit pointless just playing him every week especially as he hasn't actually played that well for a long time.

• Like 1

I fell asleep around the 50 minute mark, disappointed I didn't get to see Sanson play in our system. 

What did he contribute? Got 20 minutes or thereabouts. 

Edited by A'Villan

Just now, A'Villan said:

I fell asleep around the 50 minute mark, disappointed I didn't get to see Sanson play in our system. 

It was only for 7 minutes, then Young came on and we played a 4-4-1-1 with Coutinho behind Watkins and a two man midfield of McGinn and Sanson, then we played 4-5-1 when Iroegbunam came on for Coutinho

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

It was only for 7 minutes, then Young came on and we played a 4-4-1-1 with Coutinho behind Watkins and a two man midfield of McGinn and Sanson, then we played 4-5-1 when Iroegbunam came on for Coutinho

I'm reading it was at least 18 minutes. Thanks for the reply. I Didn't mean any particular formation in saying 'our system'. Good to know what you shared nonetheless. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'm reading it was at least 18 minutes. Thanks for the reply. I Didn't mean any particular formation in saying 'our system'. Good to know what you shared nonetheless. 

I mean 7 minutes in the usual system we play before it became a shut up shop effort - he was really good in what he had to do without being able to show too much 

• Thanks 1

Staggered at our lack of use of him. Surely he will look to leave this summer, sadly. I am convinced with a run of games he becomes a big player, he honestly couldn’t be any worse than McGinn, who still looks a busy fool 85% of the time to me?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Staggered at our lack of use of him. Surely he will look to leave this summer, sadly. I am convinced with a run of games he becomes a big player, he honestly couldn’t be any worse than McGinn, who still looks a busy fool 85% of the time to me?

He's apparently been nursing a knee problem over the last few weeks. And before that had had awful injury luck so we've not had a proper chance to give him a run of starts. 

I think he will be a mainstay before the end of the season. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's apparently been nursing a knee problem over the last few weeks. And before that had had awful injury luck so we've not had a proper chance to give him a run of starts. 

I think he will be a mainstay before the end of the season. 

Where's that been said?

Wonder if he got it booting those bottles!

Every time I see him, I'm impressed. Seems alert, quick enough and intelligent with his play and is neat on the ball and also gets stuck in. Just feels like one of those players where it just isn't working out for him here, but really hope we persist with him and get him more game time. Only thing that may hamper that is our desire to promote the likes of Carney and Tim into the same area, which I'm a fan of, of course. 

What I admire about him is he always wants the ball and never goes hiding. I can't see Gerrard dropping Luiz for him but I'd be okay with it given how sloppy Luiz and ineffective has been at times. I like Sanson and want to see more.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd love to see him given a good run of games. His lack of game time, I would imagine, is because the management team don't rate him but if it's injury related, then fair enough.

Maybe he can play that defensive role? Or maybe McGinn can? 

As I said in another thread, no chance McGinn can play that role. Not disciplined enough on the ball, nor positionally probably.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

As I said in another thread, no chance McGinn can play that role. Not disciplined enough on the ball, nor positionally probably.

I would love to see Sanson given a go in the holding role. I think he has all the attributes to be a success there.

Unfortunately, Gerrard seems to be very set on his midfield 3 of Luiz, SJM and Ramsey and I just can't see him changing it up unless forced to by injury which is a massive shame. 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I would love to see Sanson given a go in the holding role. I think he has all the attributes to be a success there.

Unfortunately, Gerrard seems to be very set on his midfield 3 of Luiz, SJM and Ramsey and I just can't see him changing it up unless forced to by injury which is a massive shame. 

He didn’t go into that role when he came on Saturday, McGinn did. People say he hasn’t played as a single 6 before, so unless he’s doing it in training it’s probably unlikely in a game. More likely as one of the 8s I guess.

On 27/02/2022 at 10:21, Steero113 said:

My wife has informed me that he has to start as in her words he's a "sexy French piece" and the "only half decent bit of candy since Jota left..."

I though Conor was the housewife's favourite?

Apparently

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â