Jump to content

Pre-match thread


ender4
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Any idea when we should receive confirmation of whether the game is being postponed? 

I don't think they the PL feel any need to give anyone any advanced warning. They postponed Spurs Fulham about 2 hours before kickoff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I don't think they the PL feel any need to give anyone any advanced warning. They postponed Spurs Fulham about 2 hours before kickoff

To be fair the only advanced warning they can give is if it's 100% definitely off. Until then anything can happen. And at the moment it's not 100% off (though likely off)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Any idea when we should receive confirmation of whether the game is being postponed? 

I imagine this will be confirmed on Monday probably along with the Everton game aswell 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I don't think they the PL feel any need to give anyone any advanced warning. They postponed Spurs Fulham about 2 hours before kickoff

I just find it bizarre the way they deal with postponed games. Could've called it off last night (given we have all the medical evidence they need our squad is isolating and given Spurs-Fulham a few days to play their own game on the Tuesday or Wednesday so Spurs remain with just one game in hand.

Instead they'll just fudge everything by calling it off last minute.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, Kingman said:

I imagine this will be confirmed on Monday probably along with the Everton game aswell 

The positive tests were on Wednesday weren't they? 

The Everton game will be touch and go - if it was on Sunday it'd definitely be on as they'd have passed through the ten day isolation period - as it stands, I'm not sure what they'll do with it.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

The positive tests were on Wednesday weren't they? 

The Everton game will be touch and go - if it was on Sunday it'd definitely be on as they'd have passed through the ten day isolation period - as it stands, I'm not sure what they'll do with it.

 

Yeah I believe the 10 day isolation runs till next Saturday, Thats if they all return negative tests. 

Lads also won't have trained in this period so something else that needs to be considered + pray to God non get any lasting affects/long covid. 

Apparently couple of the Newcastle lads are still very poorly 3 weeks on now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kingman said:

Yeah I believe the 10 day isolation runs till next Saturday, Thats if they all return negative tests. 

Lads also won't have trained in this period so something else that needs to be considered + pray to God non get any lasting affects/long covid. 

Apparently couple of the Newcastle lads are still very poorly 3 weeks on now. 

Yes, Saint-Maximin is still unwell. (I don't know who the other one is).

Edited by robby b
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The positive tests were on Wednesday weren't they? 

The Everton game will be touch and go - if it was on Sunday it'd definitely be on as they'd have passed through the ten day isolation period - as it stands, I'm not sure what they'll do with it.

 

Some were on Monday weren't they and the rest of the squad got their results on Wednesday so could well have had the virus beforehand aswell.

Was looking at Newcastle timeline. They played v Palace on Friday 27th November. Then were due to play us on the 4th but think it got called off the Tuesday. They then played v West Brom on 12th December so not sure their full squad had 10 day isolation given they had some training session before West Brom game.

There's still a chance of Everton game going ahead I think but really we need two decent training sessions to be competitive in it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Club captain Jamaal Lascelles 

He's played last few games I think. Schar aswell said he was struggling a bit but still played his comeback game on Boxing day.

Think we'll see with how the team looks when we get back playing who has had a bad dose of covid, either not playing or gets subbed more than usual given we've kept largely the same 11 all season bar a bit of rotation in front 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t see us getting anything out of the next few games if being honest. Hopefully no long term illnesses but that aside the disruption to training and player fitness will have an effect against teams like Everton and City.  Just look what Leeds did to Newcastle. 

It’s really crap considering how well we have done so far this season but it’s just one of those things. 

Hopefully the players can all be back to full fitness for Burnley. There’s a run of games from that point that we can pick up a few points from. 

I think this season has gone from dreaming about what is possible to thank god we’ve had such a good start to the season in the space of a week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I mean we proved that we could field a team against Liverpool. We also proved that a team of kids can't really last much longer than 50 minutes against Premier League opposition without risk of injury. No way this game goes ahead. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can’t see us getting anything out of the next few games if being honest. Hopefully no long term illnesses but that aside the disruption to training and player fitness will have an effect against teams like Everton and City.  Just look what Leeds did to Newcastle. 

It’s really crap considering how well we have done so far this season but it’s just one of those things. 

Hopefully the players can all be back to full fitness for Burnley. There’s a run of games from that point that we can pick up a few points from. 

I think this season has gone from dreaming about what is possible to thank god we’ve had such a good start to the season in the space of a week. 

Newcastle actually won their first game back (o.k it was v West Brom). Were also 2-2 v Newcastle up until 75th minute so end of game will be a problem, just got to make sure we use the subs a bit more quickly to get on fresh legs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
14 hours ago, Kingman said:

pray to God non get any lasting affects/long covid. 

That's the big worry for me. Even a 1% loss of lung function at the top level would make a massive difference to a player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Villareport on twitter (yes, i know) saying we are working with the PL to fulfil the game against spurs.

This must be some sort of sick joke

Just read that too 

why do we insist on bending over backwards when other clubs cry off immediately? 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Villareport on twitter (yes, i know) saying we are working with the PL to fulfil the game against spurs.

This must be some sort of sick joke

He’s quoting Ashley Preece from BM. 
 

No need to be ‘nice guys’ about this Villa. Could care less what Jose is thinking 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • limpid unfeatured this topic
  • limpid featured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â