Pre-match thread

ender4

I do wonder if they'll try and make us play, not forfeit or postpone.

We've just shown our hand that we can field a team. Of course, all the other sides could've as well, but it would be our luck to be the first ones to be made to play.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We've just shown our hand that we can field a team. Of course, all the other sides could've as well, but it would be our luck to be the first ones to be made to play.

We should raise hell. No way should we accept that. Especially as one of those games were against us too!

• Like 3

After doing so well this season in the first four league games and the last six, Dean Smith and Cristian Purslow must do all they can to try to prevent Mourinho and the PL from making us play this game on Wednesday, in order for us to keep the momentum and stay close to the top of the table. If it itsn't postponed then the rewards we've had from the team's massive efforts and performances will get diluted and that's unfair.

Edited by robby b

Mourinho "fears postponement" and says "its impossible to have the fixture postponed".

Yeah ok......Mourinho is obviously desperate for any points he can get.

It will be shocking if this isnt cancelled considering the other fixtures were.

You can guarantee if his first team dropped to covid he would be screaming for postponement.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Our registered 25 man PL squad is decimated. You can't just play the kids, the team must be from those 25 players.

• Like 3

No, under 21 players can play and don't need to be registered. That is unless FM has been lying t me for years.

This game cannot go ahead though. No way, goal difference means something in the league and a precedent has been set. 

• Like 1

Absolutely no way it goes ahead, not hard to see why Mourinho would like it to though.

As has been said numerous times the precedent has already been set and it would make a mockery of the league as we aren't going to be the last team to get an outbreak so it will turn into a lottery of who has to play the kids and when, also with the amount of money involved the temptation to play players they shouldn't be.

If I remember rightly there was next to no scrutiny when Newcastle postponed in terms of the evidence of severity of the outbreak, if they try and make us we could just claim we longer have enough fit players due to recent symptoms etc but it won't come to that regardless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope it doesn't go ahead. I am sure we would have tried to do so even if we just had half a senior team around but you can't expect a bunch of U18 to compete 2 games versus men in less than a week. We have already games in hand and I am sure if it was possible we would go ahead with the match but it will be palpably unfair and inconsistent if the premier league forced us to.

It would be a farce if this went ahead but we're exactly the type of club the PL would try to pull a fast one over. They know/believe we wouldn't kick up too much of a fuss whereas other clubs might.

Spurs, being the clearings in the woods they are, will also do everything in their power to force us to play the game.

24 minutes ago, Rodders said:

is there any chance our first team are ready for this game or not?

I think they all have to self isolate for 10 days so no. I even think the following fixture is at risk of cancellation. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

You would just have to laugh if Premier League force us to field out our U18 in a vitally important league game.

They won’t - the postponement of Newcastle and Fulham games have set the precedent for things to come. 

Moaninho won’t like it but then again he doesn’t like much anyway 😄

Can see the PL coming out with something like "owing to the changing nature and rapid increase in infections, we will now be insisting that any midlands based teams wearing claret and blue must fufil their obligations to play premier league fixtures, choosing only from the children within their fanbase. All other 19 premier league clubs will have their fixtures postponed whenever they like and we will gladly spread our arsecheeks in order to be rimmed at any opportunity. Ps **** aston villa".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2