Pre-match thread

ender4

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Less worried now after watching the current game. 

Players like Sissoko and Sanchez are the reason why Spurs never win anything significant season in season out. Doherty been woeful today.

Can't say any of them starting v us though. Think Mourinho will put in Dier at CB to rough Ollie up and Aurier at RB to push us back more.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Players like Sissoko and Sanchez are the reason why Spurs never win anything significant season in season out. Doherty been woeful today.

Can't say any of them starting v us though. Think Mourinho will put in Dier at CB to rough Ollie up and Aurier at RB to push us back more.

Anybody else puzzled by dier? Very average midfielder and then suddenly, one summer, he says "i'm now a cb". He then becomes a regular cb at club and intl level and still looks inctedibly average. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Anybody else puzzled by dier? Very average midfielder and then suddenly, one summer, he says "i'm now a cb". He then becomes a regular cb at club and intl level and still looks inctedibly average. 

No yeah Dier is toilet aswell but one area where he's o.k at is just heading away long punts all night so I worry if Jack still isn't back we'll just launch long punts at Ollie all game and he'll struggle to get involved as he'd match up much better v Sanchez imo.

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I can’t imagine that Eric Dier has ever roughed anybody up.

• Haha 1

On 13/03/2021 at 22:28, PaulC said:

We loose it with Grealish if that front three plays against us.  We defend well but they are a different level to what we normally face. 

They certainly weren’t anything special yesterday. 

Really have to start with a high intensity. We gave Leicester such an easy game after they had travelled after Europa. Let’s not repeat that mistake.

I suspect Jack won’t play, and we’ll see him after the Int break.