Pre-match thread

ender4

According to the BBC Football site (see below), the kids are not being asked to play again because, "it was felt unfair to ask Villa to follow the same procedure in a Premier League game because it would affect the competitive balance of the competition." Was it even under consideration by someone? 🤯  It has not been previously in the PL. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55617486

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

We play Everton on the Sunday now.

Or do we? Will enough of our first team squad be available by then? Do we know many players being unavailable, is actually too many for a game to go ahead? Or are there different numbers for different clubs (such as for Newcastle and ourselves) or do the numbers change with the number of games that have already been called off? I don't want to see us rushed back at a disadvantage to us.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John said:

Or do we? Will enough of our first team squad be available by then? Do we know many players being unavailable, is actually too many for a game to go ahead? Or are there different numbers for different clubs (such as for Newcastle and ourselves) or do the numbers change with the number of games that have already been called off? I don't want to see us rushed back at a disadvantage to us.  

No I don’t want us to be disadvantaged either. You’d hope that we’d have the same considerations apply as the other clubs this has happened to, even though we all expect Villa to get the short straw in most situations. Best case is that none of our players or staff have suffered any illness from the virus and they’re all fit to play, if a little short on practice. We’ve heard nothing in terms of who tested positive and how bad they’ve got it, and I expect we won’t either. 

• Like 1

In the latest club statement on the OS they've announced that the Everton game has been rescheduled to Sunday at midday. I guess it's been postponed by just one day maybe to do with the ten days isolation period, as one or two people in this thread were mentioning at the weekend.

28 minutes ago, robby b said:

In the latest club statement on the OS they've announced that the Everton game has been rescheduled to Sunday at midday. I guess it's been postponed by just one day maybe to do with the ten days isolation period, as one or two people in this thread were mentioning at the weekend.

Doesn't leave a lot of time for training

• Like 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Doesn't leave a lot of time for training

True! Yikes.  : (

I love your hypnotising claret and blue swirly psychedelic avatar (even though it has occasionally made me a bit dizzy).  : s

Edited by robby b
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...