Pre-match thread

ender4

This one will be very difficult, they're in really good form and we've stopped scoring.

It'll be a real test of our back line against their front line - you'd expect Kane, Son, Bale and Co, to find a way through even a defence as good as ours at some point and I have a feeling that Spurs will score twice. If they do, we'll lose.

If we have Cash and Jack back it'll be a huge bonus to us going forward, but we're currently scoring a goal every other game and to hope we can go from that to scoring three is fanciful at best.

I think if we're at full strength we might snatch a 1-1, but I'm going for a 2-1 defeat.

If the defence has an off day, then God help us.

• Like 2

Was looking forward to this match a few weeks back but less so now.

We play like we've done last few weeks and they'll do us comfortably on the break especially with Bale in good form.

Need Jack back desperately and Cash a cert to return at RB. 1-3.

If Grealish is back he makes that much of a difference to us that I'd be more confident of us getting a result from this game than I was of us beating a much weaker Newcastle side. Tottenham would still be favourites, but with Grealish in the side and on form I feel like we're capable of beating anyone.

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Spurs is a very athletic side. They have strength and power in midfield. Much like West Ham.

Sure, everyone says that don't they?

When you play Spurs you have to be aware of how muscular and physical they are.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Spurs is a very athletic side. They have strength and power in midfield. Much like West Ham.

Can't really see us getting anything out of this. If Grealish isn't back it could get ugly.

I just find likes of Sissoko and Hjojberg foul merchants tbh, get Jack back in and he'd win about 100 free kicks in the game to break up play and stop Spurs building, Ndombele had a decent season for them so he offers a bit more going forward.

56 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We loose it with Grealish if that front three plays against us.  We defend well but they are a different level to what we normally face. 

They're back in form but let's not massively overrate them, they were hanging on for dear life 1 up to Fulham just the other week.

Won grand total of 3 matches from 13 league games between middle of December-Feb.

Bale back on form is an issue though. Just got to make sure we don't leave acres of space for him and Son to run into and not park our defence on the halfway line which caused us massive issues in the VP game last season.

They plan in Zagreb on thursday evening aswell as arsenal tomorrow. Be interesting to see how mourinho shuffles his pack. I'd expect full strength tomorrow. How much football can Bale play at the moment. Finishing his feet again but fitness will be the concern. 

Having said that, they are a very good side when on song an have certainly found their flow in recent weeks. Will be a tough test, for sure. They are a good side.

5 hours ago, turvontour said:

It's strange with us, other than Man City, I dont think yes we will get beat here or equally yes we will easily beat this team. It wouldn't surprise me if we win this having got nothing from Sheff U and Newcastle.

We got something at Newcastle. ;)

Todays North London derby will be interesting to see just how good they are at the moment. Mourinho is playing a very attacking line-up again. If he plays that formation against us, its not Smiths way to sit back and play on the counter. but i thinks this is the game for Nakamba.