Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

59 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Before the match last night he was asked if he had any sympathy for Villa and he had to stop himself from saying something really controversial. 

He basically laughed it off and said they were in a similar situation last season when they had to field the U-23s. But of course that was due to the World Club Championship. 

The man is a t**t, he has been moaning his players are tired for months and yet he fields many of the big guns against our kids.

thought he was better than that

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Going out of the FA Cup will actually help us with the Spurs postponement - we now have a number of additional free dates in which to reschedule the game. it's unlikely that Spurs will reach the finals of both the FA Cup and Europa league, so we'll just need them to behave like grown ups, show a bit of patience and rearrange once they're out of one cup or another.

Ideally, they draw a very good side in the next round and we can play them on the 5th round date after they're knocked out.

You think players will be back for Everton?

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You think players will be back for Everton?

Doubtful, I think some players will still be under the quarantine period, even though some of those who tested positive might be fine by then.

49 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I've lost a lot of respect for Klopp.

I've never respected. The media hype is laughable. His histrionics on the side are ridiculous and OTT. When Mourinho did it for Porto against Scumchester United it was fresh but a one off. This goon (Klopp) does it virtually every game.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s actually very unlikely that it will kill you but I understand the sentiment of the post. 

You do know that it's still killing people now, just because we are not dropping like flies like we were at first when it arrived doesnt mean it wont start again. I mean all it takes is the Desease to keep evolving and something will click along the way with it where it becomes stronger. It will in fact go one way or the other in getting stronger or weaker to us humans mate. This earth has been through lots of extinction events in its past millions of years and I'm not saying covid is one, yet we do not know how this is fully going to go yet. There is also that in the future as deseases and viruses that laid dormant that were frozen up millions of years ago as the ice melts could come back. Same with anything coming from space like travelling Meteors and Comets could come to this planet and bring a fatal Pathogen only for it to evolve with our atmosphere and become Fatal to us. We do face alot of dangers yet most us humans do not think about it one bit.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

You do know that it's still killing people now, just because we are not dropping like flies like we were at first when it arrived doesnt mean it wont start again. I mean all it takes is the Desease to keep evolving and something will click along the way with it where it becomes stronger. It will in fact go one way or the other in getting stronger or weaker to us humans mate. This earth has been through lots of extinction events in its past millions of years and I'm not saying covid is one, yet we do not know how this is fully going to go yet. There is also that in the future as deseases and viruses that laid dormant that were frozen up millions of years ago as the ice melts could come back. Same with anything coming from space like travelling Meteors and Comets could come to this planet and bring a fatal Pathogen only for it to evolve with our atmosphere and become Fatal to us. We do face alot of dangers yet most us humans do not think about it one bit.

You think too much mate. Take it easy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I've lost a lot of respect for Klopp.

He's feeling the pressure in defending the title.  I don't know what else Villa could have done yesterday or in last season's league cup tie in which we offered to move the fixture after the word club championship. 

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Doubtful, I think some players will still be under the quarantine period, even though some of those who tested positive might be fine by then.

What’s the rules? Official quarantine is 10 days from contact with positive case. If they isolated a couple of days before (reports say some were doing that days before the Fa cup day) then wouldn’t a negative result for those players bring them back?

that being said, won’t leave any time for tactics and training ahead of the game. 

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why are some teams playing in the league this week and others arent? Is only 6 games scheduled for midweek, Chelsea, United and Liverpool dont play

I think orginally this might've been when a winter break took place e.g. teams get 10 day break either side of next weekend but the mad schedule has stopped that.

Think TV contract insists on split games for some reason so that's why it's still happening.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How come the Shrewsbury game was postponed. I thought it was a case of get a team together or forfeit?

We had to play or forfeit because we couldn't fit a re-arranged game in before the next scheduled round of the FA Cup.  Maybe these guys have a slot free that would work.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

We had to play or forfeit because we couldn't fit a re-arranged game in before the next scheduled round of the FA Cup.  Maybe these guys have a slot free that would work.

Looking at Southampton’s fixtures it’s hard to see where they can squeeze it in before the fourth round. Unless it’s played in the coming week. 

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

That's actually really good as opening lines to an apocalyptic movie!

14 hours ago, Dave-R said:

just because we are not dropping like flies like we were at first when it arrived doesnt mean it wont start again. 

There are more daily deaths now than at any point in the pandemic. Have you  not got access to TV? What do you mean it might start again? 

• Like 1

Â