Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Correct decision or not, I find it amazing our player gets two cards in 5 minutes, yet in the Burnley game how many fouls did they commit and get away with?

Is annoying that our players get cards so easy and it takes referees forever to book for ten or twenty tackles on Grealish.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

People are welcome to disagree, but I've watched the melee several times, and in my opinion, Mings is charging in looking for the ball. He only reacts because Zaha is flailing limbs at him, extending him arm to disarm the situation. Any contact was accidental. Zaha made a meal of it to wind Mings up and it worked.

Whatever it was stupid of Mings to put himself at risk of another yellow having picked one upon so recently.

Be a good test now of how far we have improved: can we hold on to a deserved lead with only 10 men for 45 minutes?

I have to be honest if I were in Mings place I'd of probably done same, Zaha has been a clown from the start and a wind up. At this level though I'd expect Mings to be smarter and relise what Zaha is doing and wind him back up in a smarter way.