Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The completely irrelevant shit that won't flush in the championship is a good place for them to stay for the foreseeable, the apathy must be strong in their fan base, they can post as many pictures of their fans enjoying the Fulham away boat trip as they like, the home attendances will suffer, the money will suffer and they just sit there for years doing nothing 

Going down winning some games might bring a bit of a buzz back, let them stay where they are, lifeless and utterly pointless club 

Perfect scenario unless we go down

The irony is they say that about us. Since they finished in the play offs in 2011 under Hughton they've been fighting relegation with the odd mid table finish thrown in.

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

£30 million for Bellingham. Be interesting to see what they do in the summer 

I'm not sure how much of that money they'll actually be able to spend given the financial difficulties they've faced. Looking at their run of form they need a serious squad overhaul and I just don't see how they go about doing it.

They seem to be a bit like we were before we got relegated from the Premier League first time around but in a lower division. There's only so many times you can hang on just above those relegation spots before you drop.

I'd back Coventry to have a better season than them next year to be honest.

10 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

I'm not sure how much of that money they'll actually be able to spend given the financial difficulties they've faced. Looking at their run of form they need a serious squad overhaul and I just don't see how they go about doing it.

They seem to be a bit like we were before we got relegated from the Premier League first time around but in a lower division. There's only so many times you can hang on just above those relegation spots before you drop.

I'd back Coventry to have a better season than them next year to be honest.

Well they've already said bollocks to the finances again and got away with it

They'll finish 4th bottom again won't they?

If the season was 2 or 3 games longer they'd be going down. Their recent form is awful

Still, at least its 6 points next season. 

• Like 1

I genuinely don't understand the Bellingham price hype, not that he isnt talented I have never seen him play but he rarely starts for them. Always on the bench, surely if they are that shit would be demanding him to get om

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I genuinely don't understand the Bellingham price hype, not that he isnt talented I have never seen him play but he rarely starts for them. Always on the bench, surely if they are that shit would be demanding him to get om

I think his form has dropped a lot recently.

He started excellently but faded as seasons gone on. Be interesting to see how he does at Dortmund 

If they lose today against Preston who still have a chance of making the play-offs, and one of Luton or Hull win, they're playing against each other, then they will go into the last day of the season still not mathematically safe.

The Wigan situation confuses things though, if they win both their remaining games then they can't be relegated, but in doing so they'd have to beat Charlton today, which means that Charlton would then have to beat Leeds on the final day of the season to finish above small heath. Although I think Wigan are quite confident of getting any deduction overturned because of the circumstances surrounding them being put into administration.

• Like 1

This is like Watford vs West Ham all over again. Need a winner between Hull and Luton, and them to win their last match too - probably Luton as they’ve got mid table Blackburn last whereas Hull play Cardiff in 6th (although that playoff spot could be confirmed today).

It’s impossible for Wigan to finish 12 points clear of a 22nd placed Birmingham unless they win their next 2 games, which would mean Charlton need to beat Leeds on the last day. Or Charlton win today and we assume Wigan’s deduction will be overturned.

Also Sheff Weds to beat Fulham and Boro just in case they get into trouble too.

All of this requires 2 Birmingham losses vs Preston and Derby of course. Their point in the last match has really helped their cause.

Pretty much the ideal result for them Charlton and Wigan drawing, means that the only way they're going down now is if they lose both of their remaining games, one of Luton or Hull win both of their remaining fixtures, and Charlton beat Leeds away from home and Wigan succesfully appeal their twelve point deduction.

Sheffield Wednesday could be drawn into it as well if they lose their last two, as I don't think they have any hope of avoiding a points deduction.

• Like 1

For going into administration usually the rules are that if you finish in the bottom three then the points deduction is delayed until the next season, but if you finish outside the bottom three then points get deducted in the current season. Basically stops club going into admin and taking the points deduction when they're already relegated because they know that it won't affect them.

Although in Wigan's case maybe the points deduction carrying into next season is the comprimise that will be reached.

Â