Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

30 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently Steven Gerrard has declined an offer to become their new manager.

Just saw an online report saying they'd "approached" him.

I'd expect Slippy G to have a bit more ambition than The Sty.

• Like 1

I can't imagine a Rangers manager ever wanting to leave them to join small heath or any other team likely to be lower to midtable championship at best. I bet he wouldn't come cheap either.

There's an article on the Birmingham mail website talking about the Gerrard link and the ambition of their owners, basically saying that because Lampard went to Derby, Arteta to Arsenal, Solskjær to Man Utd, and Bielsa went to Leeds, appointments that they descrbe as 'unlikely marriages', that no one should be surprised if they were to land a big name manager. They also mention Sol Campbell going to Macclesfield, but bit of a difference between them and most of those teams.

2 hours ago, useless said:

There's an article on the Birmingham mail website talking about the Gerrard link and the ambition of their owners, basically saying that because Lampard went to Derby, Arteta to Arsenal, Solskjær to Man Utd, and Bielsa went to Leeds, appointments that they descrbe as 'unlikely marriages', that no one should be surprised if they were to land a big name manager. They also mention Sol Campbell going to Macclesfield, but bit of a difference between them and most of those teams.

Its like they dont remember the time they hired Zola 

Part of me was wondering if all that talk of ex players being given posts is an attempt to warm their fans to the idea of Craig Gardner being given the job, they can say we tried to get Gerrard but Gardner can be our version of him. Seems to be a trend at the moment, Lampard at Chelsea, Woodgate at Middlesbrough, Arteta and Arsenal, and Solskjær at Man Utd.

Signed a kit deal with nike

Will no doubt be the same as the Adidas deal, they pay them to make a kit from their Sunday league catelogue but get exclusive sales rights

And they brag and tell us that's somehow better than kappa paying us money 

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Signed a kit deal with nike

Will no doubt be the same as the Adidas deal, they pay them to make a kit from their Sunday league catelogue but get exclusive sales rights

And they brag and tell us that's somehow better than kappa paying us money 

Tbf id rather have nike that krappa. Krappa has been a disaster  i feel

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbf id rather have nike that krappa. Krappa has been a disaster  i feel

Nike were a disaster for Villa. Decent kits but could only buy them 6 months into the season 

• Like 1

Kappa pay us to make our kits

Blues pay nike to make their kits

I should be at that age where I've grown out of buying them anyway but I still play so I still do, I agree kappa aren't good (training gear is though) but as long as they pay the bills it doesn't matter 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kappa pay us to make our kits

Blues pay nike to make their kits

I should be at that age where I've grown out of buying them anyway but I still play so I still do, I agree kappa aren't good (training gear is though) but as long as they pay the bills it doesn't matter 

Is the right answer. 

The kits could be made by words removed R Us for all I care. Just give us the money

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

No chance he’ll go to that shit hole. He’ll want a more glamorous club than that.

"More glamorous" than small time alliance ? Jeez, even wealdstone would be more appealing, given their passionate fanbase:

WEALDSTONE RAIDER 4-11-15 SUBMITTED.jpg.gallery.jpg

Last week Robbie Fowler was made the favorite for their job, don't know if there's any connection but today he quit as manager of Brisbane Roar, and I think he's been made favorite for the small heath job again. If it's true that they tried for Gerrard then it wouldn't be all that surprising.

Edited by useless

Â