Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Gardner quoted in the Evening Mail as saying:

"As a fan, I know that's what every single fan will want.I want to finish above Villa but I also want to get into the play-offs and give it a right good go of getting up".

Nice to know he still thinks of us but their hopes of doing any of those things above are slim to zero! He must be a continuing embarrassment to his brother.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gardner is a much better player than Lansbury

hence the reason he has over 250 more top flight appearances than Lansbury

I think its more to do with how much more older he is to have played 250 more games rather than any talent.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Titus bramble had a host of premier league appearances does that mean he is better than some championship defenders?

Lansbury hasn't been given the chance at top level so I don't agree with that at all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

As others have alluded to I wouldn’t read too much into that in terms of judging who is the better player. You only have to look at us and see that Ashley Westwood has 120 odd top flight appearances and I doubt anyone would suggest that Lansbury if he signs will have to wait his turn as Westwood will be starting in front of him.

I do think Gardner is a decent player though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Rowett is going to Nottingham Forest btw.

Be amusing if he turns their season around and has them finishing above SHA in the league.

Must be plenty of Forest fans worrying about relegation Trent atm?

Hopefully Forest will coax Trevor Francis out of retirement too, just to compound their misery 

Lucky for blose they play forest on weekend so they won't get rowett back at the sty to haunt them. 

Btw rowett is a fantastic appointment by forest. I reckon if the new owners spend money we could see forest back where they belong with us in top tier 

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Best player not playing, terrible form, ownership changeover, no manager. Complete mess. Still get a draw at the Sty. 

Thought you were talking about Small Heath for a moment.

6 games in and Zola's not won a match :)

• Like 2

Â