Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Lot of money for a 15 year old

Where will it end up though? Into their accounts or into the back pocket of whoever owns them? 

Bet your bottom dollar it's the latter.  I expect their CFO will be depositing it in used notes at a back street Small Heath Kebab house shortly after arrival. 

It's complete madness they seem to have closed their only source of income down? 

What a mental bunch they are. 

They could have secured the club with that Bellingham money, just pay off as much debt as possible.  Then they go and hand Hogan a 4 year contract. 

30 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Their situation is even bleaker than ours was a couple of years ago. Unlike us though, they have no redeeming features so no one wants them.

Shame. 🤣

Shit ground, no fans, no players of any value, crap league, no money :lol: 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

It's not even like the ground could be redeveloped for housing or something useful. No one would want to live there.

Well some sad noses are desperate for HS2 to be completed cos the area around the Sty, solihull etc could...could be a booming regeneration area and a key link between that London and the north. 

I mean....there's desperate and then there's desperate 🤣

• Haha 1

Why are they in such bother? They haven't spent all of the Bellingham money surely? Getting rent from Cov.  They shouldn't be in that much trouble. 

They are so far behind the "second" team in every large provincial city it's amazing.  They really SHOULD be bigger and better than they are.  I mean, I know we eclipse the noses but Everton have to cope with Liverpool in a city half the size for goodness sake.   Citeh till recently have had to cope with United. Both those teams have always been light years ahead of the noses through history really. 

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why are they in such bother? They haven't spent all of the Bellingham money surely? Getting rent from Cov.  They shouldn't be in that much trouble. 

They are so far behind the "second" team in every large provincial city it's amazing.  They really SHOULD be bigger and better than they are.  I mean, I know we eclipse the noses but Everton have to cope with Liverpool in a city half the size for goodness sake.   Citeh till recently have had to cope with United. Both those teams have always been light years ahead of the noses through history really. 

everton and city whilst having to live in the shadow of a bigger neighbor, have at least won leagues and cups in their history. i'm no historian, but the lack of decent ownership and investment has probably been the story of their life throughout their existence. they were in administration when sullivan bought them i recall.

say what you want about doug, we were a stable outfit for a long time under his ownership. being a premier league club for so long was huge for us...and probably a big part of the reason the gulf between the two of us is so big. kids grow up wanting to support a premier league club.

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Well some sad noses are desperate for HS2 to be completed cos the area around the Sty, solihull etc could...could be a booming regeneration area and a key link between that London and the north. 

I mean....there's desperate and then there's desperate 🤣

They want to be careful what they wish for given their debt position and the mortgage against St Andrews...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Where do you want me to start?

Massive over expenditure for a start both in terms of player purchases and wages, at one stage they were spending £1.50 for every £1 of revenue which is simply madness.

They've massive debt to their mysterious owners that they can't service, they have mortgaged future transfer revenue to help shortcomings. Their revenue since March has dropped through the floor due to COVID.

Basically they financially gambled under Redknapp and to use a technical phrase, they screwed the pooch.

Their financial accounts are due in the first week in Jan, last years were a horror show so I dread to think what they will look like this year. The last accounts showed they owed the parent company £97m (up to June 2019) even with the Bellingham money that has to have risen significantly. How long will the owners be able/willing to keep funding that debt?

If they went down they would be in real danger of going into administration or worse and could quite easily lose St Andrews.

I've been saying for a couple of years how financially screwed they are but they keep managing to struggle on, the Bellingham money probably bought them 12 months.

Without promotion though I can't see how they can turn the club around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Massive over expenditure for a start both in terms of player purchases and wages, at one stage they were spending £1.50 for every £1 of revenue which is simply madness.

They've massive debt to their mysterious owners that they can't service, they have mortgaged future transfer revenue to help shortcomings. Their revenue since March has dropped through the floor due to COVID.

Basically they financially gambled under Redknapp and to use a technical phrase, they screwed the pooch.

Their financial accounts are due in the first week in Jan, last years were a horror show so I dread to think what they will look like this year. The last accounts showed they owed the parent company £97m (up to June 2019) even with the Bellingham money that has to have risen significantly. How long will the owners be able/willing to keep funding that debt?

If they went down they would be in real danger of going into administration or worse and could quite easily lose St Andrews.

I've been saying for a couple of years how financially screwed they are but they keep managing to struggle on, the Bellingham money probably bought them 12 months.

could have been even worse. redknapp offered JT 100k a week to sign for them but he chose us

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

to narrow this down, they have been shit since I have had the ability to remember and my old man confirms the same in his tenure and he assures me grandad felt the same, I would take a punt on the situation before then as well

• Haha 2

Their parent company are apparently in a lot of debt themselves to unknown parties, with interest adding up.

I wouln't be surprised if they had to pay Karanka more than the going rate to attract him as he probably could have got a better job elsewhere, and they'd be willing to pay it in the hope that he'd perform beyond expectations and sneak them into the play offs, as they desperately need to get promoted.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Wonderful news, it’ll be party time when they finally go tits up

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

I wouln't be surprised if they had to pay Karanka more than the going rate to attract him as he probably could have got a better job elsewhere

Tbh I doubt he could have got a better job. He's the spanish george graham.

Karanka could have done better than Small Heath if he'd have waited, rightly or wrongly he still had a pretty good reputation at the time of them appointing him, albeit his work with them isn't doing that reputation much good.

Â