Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I was about to post the same thing, that’s practically impossible :lol: 

6 CL group games, lose them all. It’s easy. 

Decent if unspectacular manager, and decent bloke by the sound of it. 

Mate. 

I still find it incredible that you can get internet access on the London Underground but it’s so spotty sometimes that you don’t see bumped posts and end up writing in the wrong thread. 

SOTC. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

6 CL group games, lose them all. It’s easy. 

They have about 40 league games a season, plus 2 cups. Even if they lost every game to Rangers it’s hard to see how he managed such an appalling win percentage in a 2 team league (1 and a bit).

When Mowbray was sacked by Celtic in March they had failed to win ten of their league games up until that point, they were ten points behind Rangers having played two games more, and Mowbray's final game was 4-0 defeat to St Mirren. He didn't last the season there because he wasn't very good, not just in Europe, but the league as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

When Mowbray was sacked by Celtic in March they had failed to win ten of their league games up until that point, they were ten points behind Rangers having played two games more, and Mowbray's final game was 4-0 defeat to St Mirren. He didn't last the season there because he wasn't very good, not just in Europe, but the league as well

this sounds more like it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Their equivalent of Steve Bruce I guess

I dunno, Bruce was seen as a safe pair of hands with a solid track record of getting teams promoted when we gave him the job (shudder), and also lots of experience managing in the premier league 

Mowbray has 1 promotion from the championship with west brom 15(ish) years ago, if he hadn't been harshly sacked by Sunderland I don't think the clamour to get him in would have been so enthusiastic

Mate

On 08/01/2024 at 14:07, LondonLax said:

His West Brom team was probably his high point. They were similar to Burnley under Kompany. Got promoted playing possession football but couldn’t get results trying that in the Premier League. 

I always remember them signing Scott Carson that summer and he was at fault for so many goals. They couldn't defend but wasn't helped by someone with such a low save percentage at the time.

Since then he's been steady. I actually think he did a better job at Blackburn than he did at Sunderland.

Top bloke aswell which is why it's very annoying SHA have got a manager in that I'll find very difficult to dislike compared to their usual gobshites. Was hoping they'd appoint someone like Karl Robinson or Neil Lennon.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Perhaps Mowbray is collecting the west midlands clubs like Brucie did, and we'll get him next? 

👺

No chance. There's no doubt an incubator in Bodymoor Heath containing a clone of Unai Emery, ready for when he leaves us.

• Like 1

For their fans, their time in the premier league is like one of those burps you do and from it you suddenly remember a delicious curry. Problem is, there's something unsettling about tasting it again, partially regurgitated, 24h later. 

Mowbray's a decent manager for that level. And that's the issue: they're topping out at that level. Like a pig belongs in sh*t and slurry and gets a comfort from it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Mowbray's a decent manager for that level. And that's the issue: they're topping out at that level. Like a pig belongs in sh*t and slurry and gets a comfort from it. 

You are General Krulak and I claim my £5.

• Haha 2

Mowbry press conference, seems to think they are a big club!!!

19 minutes in rambles on about the buffet thats been put on is Premier League and Champions League quality 🤣

It's a bit early for the first cuckoo of spring, but i think i've just heard one !!! 🤣

Warning - this vid is on there YouTube channel, so make sure your anti virus is up to date

Â