Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

40 minutes ago, villa89 said:

A minority stake? So money launderers still own it?

I think its a process where they buy it over a three year period

Shit news as these owners cant be any worse than what they currently have. Seems they will be one of the wealthiest in championship (obv small fry to PL clubs) but i expect they will be pushing for play offs in next few years

• Like 1

It’s a hedge fund that gambles on companies/organisations in states of distressed credit.

I honestly wouldn’t be overly worried about this, it’s not a fan willing to pump in their own riches to make them successful, it’s a speculative situation whereby they will be hoping to turn a quick profit at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s a hedge fund that gambles on companies/organisations in states of distressed credit.

I honestly wouldn’t be overly worried about this, it’s not a fan willing to pump in their own riches to make them successful, it’s a speculative situation whereby they will be hoping to turn a quick profit at best.

Whilst true, it does mean they'll be hoping to make a success of it. And that would mean getting promoted then selling the club for a much bigger fee than they bought it for. Of course, they could fail to push on and look to sell quickly to cut their losses. Its not a long term investment in any case.

Who picks them up after these guys is the real question.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Sisu were a hedge fund, made Coventry homeless and nearly bankrupted them. Hedge funds make money, that's what they do, the club and the fans are irrelevant.

Plan A: Promote them, which will be very hard with FFP + Parachute payments from PL teams. 

If that doesn't work they will quickly cut their losses / asset strip.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Sisu were a hedge fund, made Coventry homeless and nearly bankrupted them. Hedge funds make money, that's what they do, the club and the fans are irrelevant.

Plan A: Promote them, which will be very hard with FFP + Parachute payments from PL teams. 

If that doesn't work they will quickly cut their losses / asset strip.

Yep, and dressing it up as ‘Shelby enterprise’ to appease the knuckledraggers in the meantime. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, and dressing it up as ‘Shelby enterprise’ to appease the knuckledraggers in the meantime. 

Proper blues these asset strippers. Not like the Chinaman down the villa doing half a job and meaning the club could be saved, these would strip the gold out of their nans teeth to swap for a pint in the peaky blinder pub in town. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

"Asset stripping" and "Blose" go together like "erection" and "meat slicer". 

Oh, I dunno. If they're thorough I reckon they could get up to nine or ten quid's worth of stuff to take to Cash Converters. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Oh, I dunno. If they're thorough I reckon they could get up to nine or ten quid's worth of stuff to take to Cash Converters. 

There's plenty of rubble you could sell as hardcore. Then again, it's probably contaminated so worth bugger all. 

Our Jood going to Reeeeeel Madrid mate. 

Absolute disgrace mate, less money than Greasy Viler mate. 

Send the peaky blinders to sort em, Matey-mate. 

Mate. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Our Jood going to Reeeeeel Madrid mate. 

Absolute disgrace mate, less money than Greasy Viler mate. 

Send the peaky blinders to sort em, Matey-mate. 

Mate. 

Rumours of the sell-on share of the profit (£60.95m) due to sha vary from 15% (£9.1m) to 5% (£3m) as reported in German media.

As ridiculous as £86m (100m Euro) is for any football player, Real will probably get good long term value from the deal, especially compared to the £100m Villa received for Grealish who was 6 years older when he moved.

Just wondering if Dortmund will retire his shirt number, having played more games and created much more profit than for his previous club.🤣

• Haha 1

sha get fifteen percent of the profit that Dortmund make on Bellingham sale, that's come from that almajir blogger/journalist, about as reilable as you can get for information on them and has claimed that he's seen the evidence of the fifteen percent himself; which is a big positive for them in the sense that it will provide them with nine million or whatever that they otherwise wouldn't have had, but apparenlty will just about mean that they will escape FFP punishment but it's still close so will still have to be very cautious in transfer market.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Rumours of the sell-on share of the profit (£60.95m) due to sha vary from 15% (£9.1m) to 5% (£3m) as reported in German media.

As ridiculous as £86m (100m Euro) is for any football player, Real will probably get good long term value from the deal, especially compared to the £100m Villa received for Grealish who was 6 years older when he moved.

Just wondering if Dortmund will retire his shirt number, having played more games and created much more profit than for his previous club.🤣

I’m sure I read a few years back they had already cashed in on the sell on fee due to financial struggle? I might try and find out as it would by funny as hell if they had!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

AC Milan poach Craig Gardner for their vacant Technical Director position following the sacking of Maldini.

Without any help from them lot down the road.

• Haha 4

Â