Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

One thing I'll say for them is they always seem to make, on paper, decent managerial appointments (few exceptions aside cough Zola cough)

It doesn't stop it going tits up, but I often see their appointments and think "huh, I'm surprised he went there"

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

A huge gamble thats for sure. Ex blose player so fans will be happy. But he has one relegation under his name and couldnt bring a decent charlton team up.

Also how is he going to get on with these owners?

well he already worked with dodgy owners at Charlton in Duchalet

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Of course it's a risk, how could it be anything else in their position? But it's not a bad appointment, and possibly with an eye to next season as well; I know it doesn't like Charlton will go up this season, but they're not miles away, and he got them promoted before.

League 1 is probably the hardest league to get out off, Charlton, Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Hull are big hitters in the league plus the yoyo type teams like Rotherham and Barnsley who are in Championship now plus regular play off teams like Peterboro and Doncaster

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 3

Just now, Zatman said:

League 1 is probably the hardest league to get out of at the moment, Charlton, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Hull are big hitters in the league plus the yoyo type teams like Rotherham and Barnsley plus regular play off teams like Peterboro and Doncaster

An absolutely brutal league, considering the four relegation places as well.

He did a good job at Charlton considering most of it was under Duchalet. Oddly their record has got much worse since the new owner came in.

Think he'll struggle to keep them up given he couldn't keep Charlton up despite them being above bottom 3 most of last season but a good appointment to get them straight back up.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Rotherham game against Coventry apparently will be played after the seaaon ends. Imagine blose win last game takes them out if the relegation zone go 3 points clear  Then rotheeham win against Coventry and stay up on goal difference 

Can't Rotherham just play some of the games during the international break? Without looking at their squad I can't believe many of them would be called up by national teams unless they've got some regulars that play for under 18s and under 20s but think their squad is pretty journeyman and experienced.

Coventry also won't be impacted much so seems better to play then force them to do Sat-Mon-Thursday-Sat at some stage in the run in.

Charlton's recent form has been 13th over the last 6 games, 16th over the last 8 games, and 14th over the last 10 and 12 games. Considering they're only two points off the play-offs they must have made a good start to the season, because judging by that they've been out of form for a while now. Apparently lost the dressing room after criticizing the players publicly, not too dissimilar to what Karanka has done and like Karanka also has a reputation for not getting on with the owners, other than the fact that he used to play for them seems a strange appointment to me.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

League 1 is probably the hardest league to get out off, Charlton, Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Hull are big hitters in the league plus the yoyo type teams like Rotherham and Barnsley who are in Championship now plus regular play off teams like Peterboro and Doncaster

Wigan would've been up there aswell if they hadn't fallen off a cliff financially in last year.

He’s got 10 games to become a legend.

Come on Lee, don’t **** this up and don’t polish the turd.

Achieve relegation and you can have the freedom of the City.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

One thing I'll say for them is they always seem to make, on paper, decent managerial appointments (few exceptions aside cough Zola cough)

It doesn't stop it going tits up, but I often see their appointments and think "huh, I'm surprised he went there"

Karanka was an insanely bad appointment. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Karanka was an insanely bad appointment. 

In hindsight yes, and I think a few of us knew he wasn't the right fit.

But he was still a bigger name than I would have expected them to attract. That's my point really. 

A young manager who got Boro promoted and had Forest around the playoffs... going to Birmingham City. That' still a better manager than I thought they'd be able to attract

Same with Gary Rowett, Garry Monk, even managers like Lee Clark and Redknapp. I still saw those appointments and though it was strange for them to go there.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Karanka thank you for your service. You are a villa legend in our eyes 

Speak for yourself. He’s just another name in a long list of SHA managers. Can’t understand why you think he’s a legend. He’s just a crap manager.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Speak for yourself. He’s just another name in a long list of SHA managers. Can’t understand why you think he’s a legend. He’s just a crap manager.

Quite small time to think a guy doing a shit job managing a mid table at best 2nd division team because he nearly sent them down

Sort of shit expect from them, no need to lower to the same level

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Any excuse. Perfect fit for SHA

If it is him, surely they would still have to pay some comp. to Charlton, too suspicious for him to resign the same day. I do wonder if they are prepping for League 1, which given the position they are currently in would be a little surprising to be honest. Were the finances released the other day? Is there a difficulty with those? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

Its a joke robbie omg chill😂

• Like 2

Â