Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Alex Song and Jota would be fairly stunning signings for Blues, to be fair.  With Boga on loan too?

This is what I'm worried about they are pulling together a strong team now. Not happy.

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Some Sky reporter says the deal is off for Jota, couldn't agree terms.

Signing Alex Song though, now that's one for the forgotten players thread. He's really declined since he left Arsenal.

Hard to believe he's not even 30 yet.

Its not off personal terms agreed. I cant believe no other club has come in for him.

Also song two top signings while we went for whelan. Jesus blose are going to be a force this year.

Gallagher and jota up top is a very excellent partnership.

However if they dont go up i think they are in massive financial trouble. The likes of gallagher, jota and song will certianly not be cheap

Everyone saying blues will be in trouble if they don't go up? Half of their signings are on loan? 2m signings like Dean, Roberts,Vassell Free signings like N'Doye, Stockdale, only real 'big' signing will be Jota for 6m which is still relatively low, tbh I'm surprised nobody else has went in for him he's a quality player & 6m is cheap. I have to be honest I think they will be around top 6 now.

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Harlee Dean, yet another thick word removed in a long line of small heath thick words removed.

Genuinely conflicted. I've met him a number of times at Brentford and he's a genuinely lovely bloke. Now I have to hate him.

Just now, choffer said:

Genuinely conflicted. I've met him a number of times at Brentford and he's a genuinely lovely bloke. Now I have to hate him.

Perhaps he's been made to spout utter **** tripe by candleface...

Christ guys, ask yourself this; if these players are so good why on earth are they joining a shit mid-table at best Championship club?

Alex Song, went over the hill years ago, he doesn't even know where the hill is any more and if he couldn't motivate himself to play for Barcelona and West Ham what makes you think he'll perform for arry and the inbreds?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Christ guys, ask yourself this; if these players are so good why on earth are they joining a shit mid-table at best Championship club?

Alex Song, went over the hill years ago, he doesn't even know where the hill is any more and if he couldn't motivate himself to play for Barcelona and West Ham what makes you think he'll perform for arry and the inbreds?

Point 1:  Probably money?

Point 2:  Because he's a decent player and 'Arry is a decent motivator.  He'll be good for Blues.

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No need to be bitter about their signings, it's something I'd expect from them tbh.

Think Harry has made some excellent signings tbh, jota especially seems a great bit of business!

However we can't compare this to our signings this season, they are miles behind us.

This has to be compared to our signings when we started our build over the last 2 windows.  Jury will be out till mid season on who's made to best of the outlays,  tbh id rather kodge hourihane et al.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Everyone saying blues will be in trouble if they don't go up? Half of their signings are on loan? 2m signings like Dean, Roberts,Vassell Free signings like N'Doye, Stockdale, only real 'big' signing will be Jota for 6m which is still relatively low, tbh I'm surprised nobody else has went in for him he's a quality player & 6m is cheap. I have to be honest I think they will be around top 6 now.

They are paying Gallagher big wages and from what I can see have spent over 10m on transfer fees. That's a lot at this level for a club that averages what less that 20k fans?

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They are paying Gallagher big wages and from what I can see have spent over 10m on transfer fees. That's a lot at this level for a club that averages what less that 20k fans?

BIG WAGES for Gallagher is apparently £18k/wk.

I imagine most of our squad is on more than that.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

10m is not a lot of money. Even though I hate blues I'm always honest with my opinions on players, signings etc of other teams. Their chairman has backed Arry but not stupidly, they have actually done very good business if you are honest, their biggest spend is 6m on Jota & imo that's peanuts when you consider he's talent, absolute bargain don't know why no other clubs didn't get in their. Imo he's one of the best attacking players in the league.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

BIG WAGES for Gallagher is apparently £18k/wk.

I imagine most of our squad is on more than that.

Exactly it's not big at all. Even if blues do finish mid-table they won't be in trouble at all. I don't like blues but I can't see where people are getting the idea they will be in meltdown when Arry leaves after this season, they haven't signed any 80k a week players or signed 15-20m players. Think it's more people going on arrys rep which is reckless no doubt but I don't think blues owners letting him spend reckless. They've bought shrewd like it or not. I wouldn't of minded us signing Jota 6m is a bargain for the amount of goals & assists he provides. 

Â