Pre-Match thread

One For The Road

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Interesting that Benteke starts. I know he's been improving lately. Could be a handful for Hause and Mings.

3 goals in his last 3 and started all of them. Only game he hasn't started recently is when he was suspended. Hause dominating him in the air will be very important today I think.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. No point in rushing Barkley back either.

All depends on the result doesn't it?

If he can't play then he can't play. I'm getting a bit sick of all the hype in the pre-match buildup being all about him and his impending return.

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

All depends on the result doesn't it?

If he can't play then he can't play. I'm getting a bit sick of all the hype in the pre-match buildup being all about him and his impending return.

Your new on here :) best get used to it , We haven't had a player like Barkley for a long time. Some one who made a difference from first kick 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Benching Konsa is madness.

One of our best players this season.

Did ok without him last time out. Cant drop Hause he played well and deserves to keep his place until he doesn't or is injured . Its called rotation and making the best of a chance 

Although I agree Konsa is better 

15 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. No point in rushing Barkley back either.

If he isn't fit he should at least be on the bench. He is a class above someone like hourihane and we don't even have trez on the bench so we don't have any true attacking options if we need to make a change. At least if barkley was on the bench and we had an injury we could put Jack back out wide and put barkley in the middle and have traore cover watkins or el ghazi go out in the right. 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Keeping players in when they perform well is key to having a motivated squad, two clean sheets and overall good performances warrant Hause keeping the shirt right now.

Seem to remember Big Eck doing precisely the opposite of this in his mercifully short time here.

15 minutes ago, BigJim said:

I just had to look it up to be sure. The year was 75. The score 4-1. John Deehan got the other two.

Remember it so well. The headline next day read "Fear makes Hamilton the star" Chico feared for his place apparently

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1