Pre-Match thread

One For The Road

I'm starting this early, given my only pre match thread initiation was the 3-0 win at Arsenal. :)

We are looking great again and this should be 3 points. Especially as our defence were kindly given the night off this evening. We should be fresh and ready to go.

Traore deserves to keep his place and so does AEG.

2-0 Villa and on to Chelsea with confidence.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We have to guard against a reaction for crystal palace after their 7 against.

They have to guard against the fact we are a much better team, with a huge amount of confidence.

Match them for commitment and we will win this at a canter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

They have to guard against the fact we are a much better team, with a huge amount of confidence.

Match them for commitment and we will win this at a canter.

Of course if it goes to ability we'll win. As ever we need to blitz the first 20 minutes.

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Are we really playing Hause and Engels...

Based on that alone i predict a defeat

As fantasy football fans up and down the country are wondering why they haven't bought Hause as a cheap defender, after smashing the last 2 game weeks, you predict a defeat if he plays against Palace?

Okay  👌

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2

Just now, One For The Road said:

As Fantasy football fans up and down the country are wondering why they haven't bought Hause as a cheap defender, after snashing the last 2 game weeks, you predict a defeat if he plays against Palace?

Okay  👌

I'm more worried about the prospect of Engels honestly.

Man not played football for a 100 years

Just now, villalad21 said:

I'm more worried about the prospect of Engels honestly.

Man not played football for a 100 years

He wouldn't have been on the bench if that were the case. He is clearly getting his match fitness up and I trust our coaching team to play the team they feel is right.

I criticised Hause before the Burnley game and gave him credit post match as he deserved it. He deserves it again tonight. Why mention him if it's Engels you are worried about? 

Let's give credit where its due. 

Just now, One For The Road said:

He wouldn't have been on the bench if that were the case. He is clearly getting his match fitness up and I trust our coaching team to play the team they feel is right.

I criticised Hause before the Burnley game and gave him credit post match as he deserved it. He deserves it again tonight. Why mention him if it's Engels you are worried about? 

Let's give credit where its due. 

Yes but Palace will be a different game.

They will play more to the ground with flair players like Zaha and Eze. Hause can deal with long balls all day long. It's  when he has to defend with his feet he usually struggles.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Yes but Palace will be a different game.

They will play more to the ground with flair players like Zaha and Eze. Hause can deal with long balls all day long. It's  when he has to defend with his feet he usually struggles.

I didn't see any struggling from him tonight. Or last week. But, I agree that Palace pose a problem on the counter. That's why Cash is so vital. 

I'm not worried by Palace. Play well and we will win. 

With Utd & Chelski coming so quickly after this game, I would really like 3 points against Palace.

Although our road form has been great Utd suddenly have decided they want to play a bit (typical) and Frank Lampard's ChesleaTM are a good side.

Tough one really.

They were proper on the beach when we played them end of last season when we were all but down but won surprisingly comfortably.

Benteke scoring again and just had a week off and Zaha, Eze and possibly Townsend in the 3 behind will be tricky to contain if we leave space behind. Their away record for ages speaks for itself.

Does feel we're due a home win and given we've got Spurs and Everton early in 2021 it would be a good one to win otherwise we risk going 3-4 months without winning at home which would sum up the odd season.

Also good chance to show the whole nation live what all the fuss is about. 2-1 win.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who is the referee in this one?

Anthony Taylor.

Villa highlights: 2015 FA Cup semi v Albion & 3-1 win day 1 of 2013 feat. Tony Moon

Villa lowlights: 2018 playoff final & 1-1 at Goodison 5 months ago when relegation was confirmed.

He doesn't give Grealish much protection.

• Like 1