Pre-Match thread

One For The Road

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

The same Trez who scored twice in this very fixture last season, starting the great escape?

Scoring in one or two fixtures dosent mean you are a good footballer - such a basic mindset people have. Applying the same logic means Jesé Lingard is a top player, scoring in FA cup finals etc.

Im very optimistic about our team right now, very few negatives, just don’t rate Trez, and not concerned by his injury.

2 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

Scoring in one or two fixtures dosent mean you are a good footballer - such a basic mindset people have. Applying the same logic means Jesé Lingard is a top player, scoring in FA cup finals etc.

Im very optimistic about our team right now, very few negatives, just don’t rate Trez, and not concerned by his injury.

Going through the system to reach the level of premier league player does however make you a good footballer otherwise we would all be doing it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smg said:

Going through the system to reach the level of premier league player does however make you a good footballer otherwise we would all be doing it. 

Clearly anyone who plays professional football is a ‘good’ footballer. Just don’t rate Trez and as stated before not bothered by his absence. People get very upset on here if you question a players ability.

As stated numerous times I’m extremely happy with the way Villa are progressing simply don’t care for Trez.

On 21/12/2020 at 07:17, nepal_villan said:

If we can be resolute at the back, feel we will win this comfortably.  Important to win this one to bolster our top 10 credentials, as I see a bad patch coming up in the following four matches.

The names of the teams would suggest this BUT we have looked really good against Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal - bigger teams that play football and on the front feet - where our attack minded players have a bit more space.  We have struggled more against harder working less technically gifted teams. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

It seems you don't care for Trezeguet because you only see the missed chances and not the terrific workrate and effort he puts in every game

I'll wager his team mates greatly appreciate the hard yards he covers giving others the time to shine. Every team needs his like but they sadly

get overlooked by fans who only see the " glory " side of things.

Nonsense I appreciate hard work and effort but I simply feel this is the bare minimum for any player. 

A CM/DM can get away with merely showing effort hard work and tenacity but playing as a winger you are expected to do more in an attacking sense which Trez lacks. 

The player I respect bar Jack most in the team is Dougie who certainly isn’t involved in all the glory plays. Hopefully Traore keeps up his form and justifies his price tag.

Edited by Mark_1989