Pre-Match Thread

It's Your Round

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Hourihane, Ramsey and Davis as attacking options from the bench.

Woeful.

Smith is likely to not make a single sub today and i wouldn't blame him

I'd be really surprised if we don't see on of those three come on at some point for El Ghazi. I'm not sure if Traore has completed a ninety yet either.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Woeful.

lol. All you do is tell us how great Hourihane is! 

Do you have any consistent arguments? 

Shows just how weak our squad is outside the best 11.

That said it's against a mediocre grey collective on Burnley players low on confidence. We should get a result here despite missing some big names.

• Like 1

We have a very good 1st 11 this season. A first 11 that could beat anyone given the right circumstances.

Our squad however, is dreadful, and for every one player you take out of that great 1st 11, I'd say our chances of a win decrease by as much as 20%.

3 players out makes it very hard. 

I'd take a point right now.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Woeful.

We definitely need investment in January to add some depth.It's no wonder we play the same team every game, we just have no choice.

Serious drop off in quality when you take 2-3 players out of our starting line up. I'm not sure how many other PL teams have such a big drop in quality between starting 11 and the bench. 

Nevertheless, time for Nakamba, Traore and AEG to make their cases. 

I'm a lot less confident after seeing the line up, but still will be disappointed if we don't win

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

The only one we didn't know was Hause for Konsa and tbh it probably is a good game for him. The perfect one. Barkley not being back is a blow but we just need to get on with it.  We should still have enough but this will be closer than I'd like.  The problem is Burnley are not error prone and we are. If they bore us to death they could easily nick a 1-0. We need to be at them from the off.

season 7 GIF

My worry is if they score first.
First goal is important in every match but against teams like this, it's massive.

Delphinho's prediction? Score first - We Win.

Just now, villa4europe said:

Hauses ball magnet of a head to be on show again, he's nowhere near as bad as people make out even if he's not konsa 

He'll put a great chance over the bar at the other end though 

The poor direction of his attacking headers is only noticed because he seems to win almost everything in the air. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Shows just how weak our squad is outside the best 11.

That said it's against a mediocre grey collective on Burnley players low on confidence. We should get a result here despite missing some big names.

Low on confodence didnt they just beat arsenal!

1 minute ago, handsworthvilla said:

Serious drop off in quality when you take 2-3 players out of our starting line up. I'm not sure how many other PL teams have such a big drop in quality between starting 11 and the bench. 

Nevertheless, time for Nakamba, Traore and AEG to make their cases. 

I'm a lot less confident after seeing the line up, but still will be disappointed if we don't win

Agree. And I'd say Hause will go on to struggle at League 2 level. Of all the poor players we have in our reserves, he is on another level of poor.

Sawpping him for Konsa is like swapping Staunton for Lichaj. 

Just now, One For The Road said:

Agree. And I'd say Hause will go on to struggle at League 2 level. Of all the poor players we have in our reserves, he is on another level of poor.

Sawpping him for Konsa is like swapping Staunton for Lichaj. 

Absolute nonsense.

• Like 3