It's Always Sunny In Wrexham

Lichfield Dean

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Wonder how much money they will pump in? Huge stadium for where they are but a tough league to get out of

Probably not huge amounts of money, but a lot of enthusiasm and fun!

It'll probably be a disaster, but it will be entertaining to watch.

It'll certainly increase the profile of Wrexham and give them some international exposure that they would have never received otherwise. I'd assume that neither of them are actually going to be involved much in the decision making or day to day, as long as decent people are doing that then it's fairly low risk vs high reward for the club. 

The key bit is who is making the actual decisions but that's the same at any club. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would it be a disaster? I think this could be the best thing to happen to them

Initially it'll be brilliant yes, but what if they lose interest? What if they stop funding the club? Are they going to be 'proper' owners? I hope so, but you never know...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

nobody knows what could happen if honest but i would certainly be more worried than excited if I was a Wrexham fan

Na, they’re non league at the moment. This will be loads more fun for their fans to watch unfold than the boring status quo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

nobody knows what could happen if honest but i would certainly be more worried than excited if I was a Wrexham fan

They've been stuck in the conference for years. Not exactly like taking a premier league club and running it into the ground. It's a tough league to get out of. What they've been doing hasn't worked. May as well roll the dice on this. If it works, could be great for them.

6 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Initially it'll be brilliant yes, but what if they lose interest? What if they stop funding the club? Are they going to be 'proper' owners? I hope so, but you never know...

I don't see why they would, actors are disproportionately cash rich compared to others of similar wealth and if they **** the club over it will be dreadful PR. 

• Like 1

Ryan Reynolds earns $20m per movie currently. 

It's small change for them to buy the club. They could pump as much money in as they're paying for it 10 times over and their next films would easily cover it. 

They seem decent enough guys.  I'm sure they're not just going to play with it a bit then send it under if they get bored.  

Yup, their social media presence will shoot through the roof. Not sure this will be a all out positive thing as no doubt the players will be new to this and some of them might not be able to handle it.

Not saying they will be Kardashians but it doesn't take much for some peoples head to swell out of control.

Â