It's Always Sunny In Wrexham

Lichfield Dean

I’m happy for Wrexham, it’s great publicity and after years in the doldrums it can probably only be a positive thing.

On the flip side, how seriously are these two going to take this? Reynolds in particular seems to have his fingers in so many business pies you have to wonder where he finds the time for it all.

On 18/11/2020 at 16:21, bannedfromHandV said:

On the flip side, how seriously are these two going to take this? Reynolds in particular seems to have his fingers in so many business pies you have to wonder where he finds the time for it all.

Reynolds won't actually be heavily involved in any of them. He'll provide some financing and help with marketing (like he already has with Wrexham) and will let people running it pretend it actually Reynolds brand. It drives media and fan interest and instantly makes a nothing brand a globally known one. Very clever business model and one that clearly worked with 'his' vodka business. 

• Like 1

On 19/11/2020 at 19:34, Rds1983 said:

Reynolds won't actually be heavily involved in any of them. He'll provide some financing and help with marketing (like he already has with Wrexham) and will let people running it pretend it actually Reynolds brand. It drives media and fan interest and instantly makes a nothing brand a globally known one. Very clever business model and one that clearly worked with 'his' vodka business. 

It was Gin. But yes, the way he promoted that was genius. Wrexham stand to profit greatly from this.

• 6 months later...
On 16/11/2020 at 19:05, PieFacE said:

I find the whole thing just bonkers. Surely they'd make a load more money just by making a couple of crappy films

Judging by the trailer I saw at half time during that game, *owning Wrexham* and *making crappy films* is not an either/or proposition for Ryan Reynolds.

Â