Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Then you've never had a REALLY bad hangover. The REALLY bad ones cannot tolerate any food at all - it would be vomited straight back up. Sips of water, ibuprofen, lying very still in a darkened room and crying with the pain is my experience. But for a MEDIUM to BAD one, then yes, I agree - hot greasy food is the answer (although my preference would be a full English). 

Yep, the really bad ones are when it gets to around 7pm and you still haven’t left the bed other than to be sick or shit yourself. 

I spent an entire day in a hotel room in Mexico couple of years ago hungover, missus was far from happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Then you've never had a REALLY bad hangover. The REALLY bad ones cannot tolerate any food at all - it would be vomited straight back up. Sips of water, ibuprofen, lying very still in a darkened room and crying with the pain is my experience. 

I remember one like that when I was about 18 after a night on Stella. I remember moving my eyes from side to side hurt.

Ah hangovers, I remember them.

Haven't had one for over twenty years now despite my alcohol drinking levels still being pretty high.

Sometimes wonder if its a blessing or a curse though. My liver would definitely say the latter 😐

Edited by Designer1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

We bought this game for Xmas

pic66668.jpg

On the back it says "Can be learned in 5 mins" - my arse.

Played this a few times at Christmas. Its over complex with little enjoyment. I stick to Scrabble and Yahtzee. 

• Like 1

Ticket to Ride is a fun little game, it's good intro to proper board games (get ****, Monopoly), there are loads of videos that go through the rules in less than 5 minutes that might a bit easier to absorb than reading through them

Edited by Davkaus

3 hours ago, bickster said:

We bought this game for Xmas

pic66668.jpg

On the back it says "Can be learned in 5 mins" - my arse.

You and your Beatles paraphernalia collecting :P. Let it go - I know they mean a lot (plethora) to you, but they weren't all that.

• Haha 1

On 25/12/2020 at 13:35, Follyfoot said:

Fantastic start to the day, we are entertaining her mum and dad and the son of the brother-in-law who is in their bubble. In laws arrived half an hour ago, all good, but where is Drippy 
15 minutes ago I see him walking up the drive with a hamper, here’s me thinking, good lad, that we packed nicely with booze or goodies. Is it ****, He’s brought his new cat round for Christmas Day who he has not had for more than three or four days. The moment it enters the house it’s had a massive row with my cat and **** off out the back and legged it. Mrs, mother in law and drippy now out on the streets trying to find said cat  🤦‍♂️ i give up. Word of advice to young Villans, do you not get involved with dog head families regardless of how fit their daughter may be

Did you find the cat? I've been worrying all day. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Did you find the cat? I've been worrying all day. 

I never looked for it but it turned up about half five on our doorstep which is very lucky I am told,  ruined Christmas dinner as this was the topic of conversation with several false spottings in the garden, appreciate your concern and would pass it on but will probably forget 👍

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Why are peas controversial? Pretty standard vegetable. 

For Christmas dinner? I didn't think they were traditional. 

They've done for my dad who loves them. 

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, the really bad ones are when it gets to around 7pm and you still haven’t left the bed other than to be sick or shit yourself. 

The best ones are when both happen at the same time. Sitting on the throne while trying to be sick in the gap between your legs. 

Spoiler

There was much spillage

Â