Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

1 minute ago, AndyClarke said:

Finally got my covid test result this morning (into day 6).....negative!

Good news, albeit rather late. I was clearly lucky to get mine turned round inside 24 hours. 

The gf and I are waiting for our results at the moment.  She had a test boxing day,  mine was yesterday.   Feel like crap but I think it's more likely a heavy cold than anything more serious.  Here's hoping anyway!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dubbs said:

The gf and I are waiting for our results at the moment.  She had a test boxing day,  mine was yesterday.   Feel like crap but I think it's more likely a heavy cold than anything more serious.  Here's hoping anyway!!

Good luck, I hope your results come quickly.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Well both our tests came back positive.  Perfect end to a perfect year!  The NHS app makes life a bit confusing.   The email says isolate from the day after symptoms began for 10 days,  which for us was the 24th.  When I enter the results in the app it tells me to isolate for 11 days from today!

UTV!

Stay strong, hope you both recover quickly.

The whole thing is confusing, when I had my test they handed me the bag and kept coming to my window to hassle me because I'd taken 2 minutes as I was ensuring I'd fully read and understood the instructions. This after the chap who gave me the package getting all shirty because I asked a question....with my mask on....through my 1 inch opened window.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

Well both our tests came back positive.  Perfect end to a perfect year!  The NHS app makes life a bit confusing.   The email says isolate from the day after symptoms began for 10 days,  which for us was the 24th.  When I enter the results in the app it tells me to isolate for 11 days from today!

UTV!

Sorry to hear that.  Stay strong - get all of your supplies in and ride this one out.  If I / us can help in any way please let us know.  

All the best. 

Edited by trekka
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for your offers of help.  I think we're doing OK for now.  Just hope to see signs of improvement soon because our breathing is difficult as soon as you start moving around.   

Wierdly I started thinking about how the dogs will get exercised over the next week or so,  and I help my dad out a lot with shopping and stuff which obviously I can't do now! Bloody Covid!!

Christmas is over. The decorations came down this morning, leaving behind cold empty spaces that suggest decorating will be on the horizon soon. I was in favour of keeping the lights up another month, the reasoning being that if people can talk about Christmas in October then why can’t I carry on into January. I liked the lights, they were pretty 😢

Went to the chippy tonight.  First time I've been out for days. 

I couldn't believe how many houses still had their lights on. One even had the Christmas Tree up in the bay window still. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Went to the chippy tonight.  First time I've been out for days. 

I couldn't believe how many houses still had their lights on. One even had the Christmas Tree up in the bay window still. 

There’s a house down the road from us that still has a pumpkin on the door step.

• Shocked 1

Â