Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

Xmas tree was delivered today, somewhat shorter than expected. I wasn't consulted but still its a decent sized tree, just a good foot shorter than what we're used to.

Anyway for the second year running, it's looking fairly straight

And amazingly no tradional xmas tree minor argument

We have Christmas cards up on a shelf.

I just opened and read a line of them as a distraction from actually doing some work.

Every one of them was from a listed out family of names, to our listed out family of names.

Every one of them, I thought, well I don’t know who the **** they are.

Turns out they’re all from my wife’s office colleagues. 

**** weirdos.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

We have Christmas cards up on a shelf.

I just opened and read a line of them as a distraction from actually doing some work.

Every one of them was from a listed out family of names, to our listed out family of names.

Every one of them, I thought, well I don’t know who the **** they are.

Turns out they’re all from my wife’s office colleagues. 

**** weirdos.

The missus: "We've had a Xmas card from your cousin Wendy and family, you better send her one back"

Me: "She'd think there was something wrong"

• Like 1

I regularly make a sort of vegetarian pie and in the family it’s been given the utilitarian name ‘no meat and potato pie’.

I have suggested I could make a version of this for Christmas lunch. 

No. No, no, no. You can’t give people soya and spud pie for Christmas lunch.

Today, I will be experimenting with my new recipe: festive vegetable and herb en croute

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I regularly make a sort of vegetarian pie and in the family it’s been given the utilitarian name ‘no meat and potato pie’.

I have suggested I could make a version of this for Christmas lunch. 

No. No, no, no. You can’t give people soya and spud pie for Christmas lunch.

Today, I will be experimenting with my new recipe: festive vegetable and herb en croute

Your kids Vegetarian Chris? I know you were pretty much Vegetarian, is Christmas the point where you realise that the entire family is Vegetarian?

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Your kids Vegetarian Chris? I know you were pretty much Vegetarian, is Christmas the point where you realise that the entire family is Vegetarian?

Hybrid.

Meat eating for all of us is pretty limited. None of us are actually full on veggie. We’ve got one nipper home so far, I don’t think any of us have had meat in 3 days but Saturday lunch might be a bacon butty.

There will be a turkey, there will also be veggie stuff, there will also be pigs in blankets.

My bet would be at least 2 of the 5 go for veggie nut roast and pigs in blankets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Hybrid.

Meat eating for all of us is pretty limited. None of us are actually full on veggie. We’ve got one nipper home so far, I don’t think any of us have had meat in 3 days but Saturday lunch might be a bacon butty.

There will be a turkey, there will also be veggie stuff, there will also be pigs in blankets.

My bet would be at least 2 of the 5 go for veggie nut roast and pigs in blankets.

Thought that might be the case. Remember extra celery. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

Thought that might be the case. Remember extra celery. 

Just bought a fresh batch with plenty of leaf on it.

Love a bit of celery leaf, me.

Pretty much half of all meals start with a base of onion, celery, garlic, and then see where it goes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â