Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

7 hours ago, penguin said:

I’d take Ali on loan, it would be a no-brainer. He’s still got that quality and if it doesn’t work you’ve only paid his wages and perhaps a small loan fee. We won’t get a look in though if PSG are sniffing around.

But it does look like the game has considerably less than 100% of his efforts and attention nowadays. Mourinho tried his best to reignite him if the documentary was anything to go by, as he has the potential to be one of their best players, but looks like he’s now decided it’s a lost cause.

I dont think I'd take him on loan to be honest.  Yes he has better quality than some we have but his attitude is my problem and we need to have players that have hunger for us to work.  I dont want to be another club that has individual players who are great but either dont fit together or are lazy, I see too much of that in other teams for example West Ham.  We seem to be building a team of workers with some having some real talent like Jack.  That's what I want, not players that look good on a highlights clip or on some old footage and for me that is Alli.  So while I might be cutting my nose off to spite my face, I'm not trying to think we are bigger than we are already, I would just prefer workers with a bit of talent than a talent with no work.

Neto and Podence cost £16m each for Wolves. Players good enough to improve us quickly are out there.

They have the Mendes link, but I felt that was more of an advantage in the Championship than the PL. He takes as much as he gives them now they're at the top table. See £35m for young lad up front today.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Neto and Podence cost £16m each for Wolves. Players good enough to improve us quickly are out there.

They have the Mendes link, but I felt that was more of an advantage in the Championship than the PL. He takes as much as he gives them now they're at the top table. See £35m for young lad up front today.

Were they as good as they are now when they bought them? No idea how long they've been at Wolves. 

The "improve us quickly" bit piqued my interest. Generally hit the ground running signings cost megabucks.

9 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Were they as good as they are now when they bought them? No idea how long they've been at Wolves. 

The "improve us quickly" bit piqued my interest. Generally hit the ground running signings cost megabucks.

Podence been there 11 months, Neto 15 months. Both better now than when they arrived, but we we have a low bar for wide players and either would have walked into our side when they were signed.

Stylistic choices are as important as ability going forward.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

Would David Brooks, Bournemouth, be a good capture?

I like this player.

I’ve never really seen him play but I’m a big fan of talent from the championship. Players like Brooks, Buendia, Sarr, Olise are all worth a look at if the price is right.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's 18 and he looked good. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 3

Just now, Rolta said:

He's 18 and he looked good. 

He sure did.

I think Wolves might have been better served spending £35m on a player a bit more ready as backup for Jimenez. Not one who'll be ready in three years.

Doesn't matter what they need though, they get whatever Mendes wants them to get.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He sure did.

I think Wolves might have been better served spending £35m on a player a bit more ready as backup for Jimenez. Not one who'll be ready in three years.

Doesn't matter what they need though, they get whatever Mendes wants them to get.

Were you privy to the negotiations or something? By the look of him, I'd hope we'd be keen to sign players like him. The wingers too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Were you privy to the negotiations or something? By the look of him, I'd hope we'd be keen to sign players like him. The wingers too.

Yes I was.

The wingers who are first XI no matter who is fit? Yeah, I'd love to sign them. Less so a player who is warming the bench most weeks for £35m. We aren't a strong enough squad yet to do that. Hopefully one day.

Very good young player. Not what we need, and not what Wolves needed.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve never really seen him play but I’m a big fan of talent from the championship. Players like Brooks, Buendia, Sarr, Olise are all worth a look at if the price is right.

"come on down"

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Would David Brooks, Bournemouth, be a good capture?

I like this player.

Yes, he's absolutely fantastic.

Think they were asking for £40m this summer.

Was out for over 12 months with a dicky ankle. If he can prove fitness this season, one I'd love to go for.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Yes, he's absolutely fantastic.

Think they were asking for £40m this summer.

Was out for over 12 months with a dicky ankle. If he can prove fitness this season, one I'd love to go for.

wow, didn't think he was that expensive.

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

They obviously didn't want to sell as no one was going to pay that.

The only reason offers weren’t forthcoming is because of the previously mentioned injury. I believe he’s proving his fitness this season and fully expect Bournemouth to receive substantial offers in January. I’d like to think Villa would be in for him but I doubt we will be having shelled out substantially on Traore. 

If we’re to obtain a top half finish this season we really need a competent back up striker.  

With Davis always having niggling injuries and Wesley out until March or later, we just can’t get away with just Watkins.  Traore can probably play in the middle of a forward 3 but it’s not his natural position.  

Not sure who we could get in January but would anyone take a punt on Iheanacho?   Or a cheaper option would be to look at Campbell at Stoke perhaps?

Someone from Europe maybe?

We do need a striker/forward though that’s for sure.