Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

Just now, MarkLillis said:

Dele Ali?

Not wanted by Jose.....

Also Jack's mate.

Where would he play? Can he play RW? If not then either Luiz, McGinn or Barkley (or Grealish :D ) sits on the bench because we can't really afford to bring in £100k/ + bonuses and loan fee Dele Alli as a rotation player.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Personally feel we should look to sign Michael Olise, the guy looks a sensational talent and will probably end up being these players we live to regret not signing in the future when someone like Leicester or Southampton pick him up instead. 

Agreed. I also have thought Tyrese Campbell (Kevin's son) has looked good every time I've seen him. A Prem team will take a punt on both soon, I hope it's us. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Its actually getting hard to upgrade this first 11 now without spending £40 million on a player. 

And those sort of players don't want to come to Villa if we aren't in the Champions League/Europe.

This is where every team that challenges the top 6 hits the glass ceiling - how to find better players on lower wages than the big 6 will pay and who will come to your team.

I'd be surprised if this were the route we took atm; we dont have the money, or the ffp leeway, to allow for mistakes at that level. 

It's far more likely we will buy young players to mould, then sell the current incumbent to stay on top of finances; At least until we can build the club.

• Like 1

I think Adam Armstrong would be a great signing.Banging in last season and already has 15 this season.Would be a good one to have until Wesley is back and give us something a bit different up front.

Maybe though out of our price range for January at least?

Edited by Big Salad

I’ll admit, I like Alli, and what’s more I think DS could get a tune out of him, but as someone above said he would be putting one of our better players on the bench. The only reason I would go for him would be if we are certain that we couldn’t get Barkley on a permanent when his loan ends.  

I think we’re desperate for quality options from the bench, so i’d perhaps go for younger players who have significant potential to improve- particularly ones with pace.

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

the loan fee for Barkley was 11m?....bajeesus :P

I think he was a great marquee signing for where we are, but also im trying to look at it constructively, he has only played 6 games for us, got injured, and due to being unavailable for the Chelsea game might not get another start until Jan.

My heart says he would be worth a 25-35m punt in Jan or the summer, my head says that although he has done pretty well in the games he has played for us, he maybe hasnt warranted us splurging 35m on him....yet.

We're paying a decent amount of his wages I think so that accounts for much of 11m spread over the season as he'll be in 80-100k bracket at Chelsea.

Just now, VillaChris said:

We're paying a decent amount of his wages I think so that accounts for much of 11m spread over the season as he'll be in 80-100k bracket at Chelsea.

Ah so that includes his wages, makes it a little easier to get my head around.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I wouldn't touch Brandon Williams. In fact I wouldn't touch any of Manchester United's players. 

I'm intrigued what we can find in Europe and the championship.

Eduardo Camavingo could be a good punt.

Would cost about £150 million thou and we would have to beat Real Madrid for his signature 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Would cost about £150 million thou and we would have to beat Real Madrid for his signature 

I think he will move for less than £ 35 million. Yeah definitely bigger fish there, but if we intend to get better we have to deal with that. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I wouldn't touch Brandon Williams. In fact I wouldn't touch any of Manchester United's players. 

I'm intrigued what we can find in Europe and the championship.

Eduardo Camavingo could be a good punt.

I would look at Man U players. I think Ole looks a little out of his depth when it comes to man management. The culture there looks poor. With a proper manager, I think we could forge some good squad players.

Yes for Williams for me.

Alli could be amazing. Barkley isnt our player yet either remember. Not sure whats happened to Alli as he was quickly becoming one of the elite midfielders up to a year or 2 ago. 

So, yes its risky, but potentially massive rewarding.

We'll have to move away from this notion of thinking we cant sign players if we already have 11 settled starters soon. Thats a good way to get a squad with no depth or versatility.

Buy the best players we can, let them fight it out.

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I would look at Man U players. I think Ole looks a little out of his depth when it comes to man management. The culture there looks poor. With a proper manager, I think we could forge some good squad players.

Yes for Williams for me.

I'm kinda leaning the other way, he's a pretty decent man manager, but was found out tactically for a while.

And the bigger problem is that man utd got a lot of shite deadwood on enormous wages. Not a place to go shopping.

Williams is probably the pick of the litter of the unwanted there, but we can do better than that.

Still annoys me Justin went to Leicester

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2