Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

If there is a clause then job done and this is pointless.

But given he’ll have two years left on his contract after this season Chelsea hold the upper hand in negotiations as there will be plenty of other clubs interested.....not just us.

The fact that Barkley wants to come to us means nothing unless we put up the cash. Surely as fans we’ve realised that with both Maupay and Benrahma going elsewhere.

There were other clubs that wanted both Cash and Mings, neither player was interested in speaking with the other clubs so their interest had no impact on the negotiations between Villa and their clubs. Chelsea may hold the upper hand, as I said previously, it isn’t certain that they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t though think Chelsea hold all the cards. I’m also still hopeful there is a clause for an agreed fee as I was originally told, I’m yet to see anything definitive that there isn’t.

Gregg Evans said there's no clause.

So there's more than just hope I'd say. It's a sure thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

There were other clubs that wanted both Cash and Mings, neither player was interested in speaking with the other clubs so their interest had no impact on the negotiations between Villa and their clubs. Chelsea may hold the upper hand, as I said previously, it isn’t certain that they do.

I’m sure there were, but I’m also sure we were the highest bidder too.

3 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

As far as I can see Josh King has all the hallmarks of a player who has already peaked, and he's no improvement on what we have currently imho.

I'd be fairly confident in saying Traore is better in every position than him as well as being 3 and a half years younger, cheaper and looking like he's got massive potential to improve.

I don’t expect improvement to the first team in January. But I don’t think we can add improvement to the bench.  He will be a much better option than Davis if Watkins got injured.

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The source is Gregg Evans, who is terrible for transfer stuff. Also, I wouldn't subscribe to get his 'transfer gossip' at The Athletic either.

what to you mean. He spent all summer saying Grealish was off

1 hour ago, rayk said:

If there is a clause then job done and this is pointless.

But given he’ll have two years left on his contract after this season Chelsea hold the upper hand in negotiations as there will be plenty of other clubs interested.....not just us.

The fact that Barkley wants to come to us means nothing unless we put up the cash. Surely as fans we’ve realised that with both Maupay and Benrahma going elsewhere.

If they don’t move him they have a contract of 5m plus to pay and a player who’s value keeps diminishing because of the contract length and his age

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

If they don’t move him they have a contract of 5m plus to pay and a player who’s value keeps diminishing because of the contract length and his age

Peanuts for them. And his value will have increased this season (doubled at least) not decreased. And as I said there will be plenty on clubs interested in him after this seasons performance.

Im not saying we won’t get him......we’re just kidding ourselves if we think we’re going to get him on the cheap. Look how much we had to pay Bournemouth in the end for Mings after a successful loan.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Diego Costa set to leave Atletico in Jan. Could it be a decent shout giving him a short term contract here? He’s a winner and might be a good person to have around the squad? 

Yes please. Won't happen but yes please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rayk said:

Peanuts for them. And his value will have increased this season (doubled at least) not decreased. And as I said there will be plenty on clubs interested in him after this seasons performance.

Im not saying we won’t get him......we’re just kidding ourselves if we think we’re going to get him on the cheap. Look how much we had to pay Bournemouth in the end for Mings after a successful loan.

I simply think you over value players.

The guys only played a handful of games and only be very good a few times in them. Just see where it goes we can always buy someone else anyway if the values don’t match up. If they paid 40 million for him in the summer I would consider that to be too high 50 would be a joke.

So... we've a bit of time until the next game, so time to turn to Jan window.... 

I think we need the following;

GK - Its  a tradition ;)

LB - Young up and coming to replace Taylor, will be hard to improve on Targett in this window

RW - Another option on the right

Striker - We need a better option than Davis

I'd absolutely love us to try and bring Albrighton home, I'd love to see him on our right in front of Cash.

I'm also serious re Arsenal, I'd test the water for some of their good young players because they need cash for a rebuild. They've some good young players like Saka, Nelson and Maitland-Niles they might be tempted to sell.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

So... we've a bit of time until the next game, so time to turn to Jan window.... 

GK - Its  a tradition ;)

LB - Young up and coming to replace Taylor, will be hard to improve on Targett in this window

I'd absolutely love us to try and bring Albrighton home, I'd love to see him on our right in front of Cash.

Pretty much sums it up. I would have said centre half but after seeing Hause the last two games and with the return of Engles it no longer seems a priority.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Pretty much sums it up. I would have said centre half but after seeing Hause the last two games and with the return of Engles it no longer seems a priority.

Yeah I think we are probably okay at CB although the last two games have been right up Hause's street (insert pun) in terms of the way the opposition play.

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

GK - Its  a tradition ;)

I'm also serious re Arsenal, I'd test the water for some of their good young players because they need cash for a rebuild. They've some good young players like Saka, Nelson and Maitland-Niles they might be tempted to sell.

I'd try for Llyod Kelly. We've gone down the more athlete route with our signings this summer ( obviously married with decent footballing ability ) He's a big unit, can defend and get forward. Lot of development in him also. Targett is playing well but he's probably maxed out in terms of how good he is going to get. Don't think there's huge improvement in him. I don't buy into the theory that Bournemouth wouldn't sell because they are challenging for promotion. I think they'd sell at any time if a club met their valuation of a player. Kelly would be a sound investment for Villa.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Only seen the other day that Blues signed Halilovic. Talk about a fall from grace. He had the big billing from day 1. Next Modric etc. No coincidence he's been through loads of clubs. Reality is he's just not that good.

In all fairness mate why  the **** would he be anywhere near that shower of shit if he was otherwise