Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

5 hours ago, sne said:

Media has started to speculate about Josh King again. Really hope there is nothing in those rumors unless it's a season long loan.

I’m not going to pretend to add anything new to this conversation but if Josh King is the height of our ambitions then O’Neil and McLeish have secretly entered VP/BMH intent only on destroying all the good work that’s been done over the past couple of years.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No way is he 50 million they will want rid, they have too much in his position 35 tops

Depends where they finish but if Barkley is only £35m, Jack’s only £70m and SJM only £25m-30m.

We can’t have it both ways re valuations. I mean Emi must be worth £40m+ now.

8 minutes ago, rayk said:

Depends where they finish but if Barkley is only £35m, Jack’s only £70m and SJM only £25m-30m.

Disagree. I rate Barkley and McGinn about the same but their cost would depend on how important they are to their teams. I expect Barkley to cost around £30m. Good but replaceable players.

Jack is in a different universe compared to these two. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s a strange situation with Barkley, if he continues to do well with us you could say we will be held to ransom by Chelsea but it really depends on the player himself.

Chelsea can only bluff with us so much as clearly they don’t want him and will be willing to sell. It remains to be seen what other options Barkley would have but realistically is he going to have many better than us?

If Barkley decides he wants to come to us and/or there aren’t better options for the player then that levels rout the negotiations somewhat. It could well end up being a protracted negotiation in the summer as it was for Mings, we shall see.

I don’t though think Chelsea hold all the cards. I’m also still hopeful there is a clause for an agreed fee as I was originally told, I’m yet to see anything definitive that there isn’t.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Disagree. I rate Barkley and McGinn about the same but their cost would depend on how important they are to their teams. I expect Barkley to cost around £30m. Good but replaceable players.

Jack is in a different universe compared to these two. 

Okay, so that means you’d be willing to sell SJM for around £30m then?

*Edit* The valuation of anything depends how what a buyer/buyers are willing to pay. At £30m Barkley or SJM would be a steal for any club in the top half of the Prem.

Edited by rayk

44 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s a strange situation with Barkley, if he continues to do well with us you could say we will be held to ransom by Chelsea but it really depends on the player himself.

Chelsea can only bluff with us so much as clearly they don’t want him and will be willing to sell. It remains to be seen what other options Barkley would have but realistically is he going to have many better than us?

If Barkley decides he wants to come to us and/or there aren’t better options for the player then that levels rout the negotiations somewhat. It could well end up being a protracted negotiation in the summer as it was for Mings, we shall see.

I don’t though think Chelsea hold all the cards. I’m also still hopeful there is a clause for an agreed fee as I was originally told, I’m yet to see anything definitive that there isn’t.

If there is a clause then job done and this is pointless.

But given he’ll have two years left on his contract after this season Chelsea hold the upper hand in negotiations as there will be plenty of other clubs interested.....not just us.

The fact that Barkley wants to come to us means nothing unless we put up the cash. Surely as fans we’ve realised that with both Maupay and Benrahma going elsewhere.