Weekends Football 6/8 November

andykeenan

It's feels as if there are so many poor teams this year although I don't know if that's because we are not down there with them at the moment.

You look at Sheffield United, West Brom, Burnley and Fulham and wonder how they are going to win any games.

Then you have the likes of Brighton who can't seem to finish off sides and Newcastle who always seem to find a bit of huge fortune but in truth are terrible.

14 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

What is so good about Reece James?

He loses the ball a lot and also turns back towards his own defence when he does get forward.

Souness has said he is the ultimate modern full back :P 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

For those that haven't seen it...

That could be absolutely huge for Fulham. I bet he’s nowhere near penalties for a while, maybe not near the first team at all.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

That could be absolutely huge for Fulham. I bet he’s nowhere near penalties for a while, maybe not near the first team at all.

Mitrovic is a decent penalty taker so not sure why Lookman took it, saw the teams and looks like Mitrovic was still on the pitch

Watching it live I couldn’t believe the stupidity of the penalty, considering the conditions, the situation and the importance of a result for them.

Worst penalty since Del Piero in the Peace Cup!

Edited by Hornso

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mitrovic is a decent penalty taker so not sure why Lookman took it, saw the teams and looks like Mitrovic was still on the pitch

I think Mitrovic hit his last penalty over the bar a couple of games ago, so maybe he didn’t fancy it?

Regarding Lookman’s penalty, you don’t try those in the last minute when your team are struggling for points. 

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

I think Mitrovic hit his last penalty over the bar a couple of games ago, so maybe he didn’t fancy it?

Regarding Lookman’s penalty, you don’t try those in the last minute when your team are struggling for points. 

The idea of that type of penalty is that it goes down the middle too as 95% of times the keeper will go to one of the sides. He’s made the wrong choice to do it, then miss-hit it too.

Just now, Genie said:

The idea of that type of penalty is that it goes down the middle too as 95% of times the keeper will go to one of the sides. He’s made the wrong choice to do it, then miss-hit it too.

Yeah the ball should cross the goal line at about chest/head high and central after the goal keeper has dived out the way. He totally fluffed that. It looks to me like he had second thoughts as he struck the ball, and was caught in two minds.

• Like 1

Â