Weekends Football 6/8 November

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

As I say, that's the rule for handball. They should not be included for offside.

I've literally included the Laws of the Game from the FA's website which explicitly state that this isn't the case. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's there in this season's rules in black and white.

It says the 'hands and arms' wont be considered, the point at which the arms become the body was called at this tshirt line. 

Thus thats the line used for both.

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

It says the 'hands and arms' wont be considered, the point at which the arms become the body was called at this tshirt line. 

Thus thats the line used for both.

I'm getting really nitpicky here, and I know you didn't write the rules, but the relevant part from the change to the handball rule:

Handling the ball For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit

I don't think the rules, as written, support how they're trying to enforce it, although the real problem of course is that most football fans are looking at  that and wondering what universe the refs are living in. No matter how well the rules are written, it is a nonsense implementation, IMO, but after the past couple of seasons I expect no better from this lot.

I also re-read my previous post and it sounded pretty arsey. I'm annoyed at the clowns who run the sport, not you @Nigelso I hope it didn't seem like I was having a go at you :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I also re-read my previous post and it sounded pretty arsey. I'm annoyed at the clowns who run the sport, not you @Nigelso I hope it didn't seem like I was having a go at you :D 

Ill take you off my Arya Stark list now then!

• Haha 2

Just now, Nigel said:

One win in 5 for Leeds now.....wonder who could possibly lose to these?

It was so obvious we were going to lose to them even at the start of the season, I even posted at the start of October in the Leeds thread that we'd lose 4-0 to them, they've been desperate to get one over us since the 1-1 at Elland Road and they were clearly so up for that game.

Â