Weekends Football 6/8 November

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

Penalties used to be fairly rare and exciting it’s honestly killing the game how many are given now.

We’ll be seeing mediocre all-round but world class penalty takers shoehorned into sides at this rate and be putting up 15+ goal a season numbers for some sides.

Last season Serie A had the most penalties ever by over 40 than the previous record becauer of var. Premier League not far off beating there own record for a season 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It wouldn't have been one a couple of years ago. He's not right next to him, but he's clearly trying to pull his arm out of the way, and this "natural position" stipulation is nonsense, you don't sprint with your arms by your sides. 

Disagree apart from stopping the ball on the line there would never really be any deliberate handballs.  So that for me is a handball since I have been watching footy.  Yep sometimes the ref would not give them in the past and sometimes they would.

The mane one is soft as shit but always going to be given, he could stay up if he wanted to but doesn't want to

daft from walker especially seeing as it's mane

Another one that makes a mockery of the grealish "dive" vs Palace, there was double the amount of contact from Zaha for that and that's before you add in Cahills challenge 

• Like 2

I actually thought that was more of a clear cut handball compared to some of the jokes ones given this season.

Ultimately though they'll eventually be a debate and think penalties will still be given for more clearcut and blatant fouls but indirect FKs will be given for the incredibly soft calls. Same status as backpasses. And in 90s you have indirect FKs for some obstruction in box.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I remember that. Liverpool went straight up the other end and Fabinho banged one in from 25 yards. Was 0-0 at the time.

Liverpool were amazing last season, but it might have looked very different if that one was given and City had won that game. Would have cut the distance down to 6 points.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

All these super sunday games at 430pm selected by sky are just so **** boring

Games like this wouldn’t have been allowed to fizz out so easily if the stadium was full I don’t think. 

So both Robinson and TAA pick up injuries ahead of the international break. Imagine they are not the only ones who won't turn up for their international sides.

The amount of muscle injuries this season is already huge and it will only get worse. But no doubt a few players will also pick up "injuries" so they won't have to play these pointless international games in November.

Goal and yet another penalty miss for Ibrahimovic tonight as Milan only get 2-2 at home to Verona.

First time in his career that he's scored in 7 straight games. 39 years old.

Edited by sne

Â